Timber Trailers

jamesmerriman7

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the idea of the trailer, watched a video sent by Caledonian Forestry, but the hydraulic crane was far too slow IMO. The lift type crane in your pic must be even slower. BUT the trailer without any crane would be good, poles could be thrown on quickly enough by hand. Saying this, I'd love an effiicient little set-up like this for certain jobs this winter.

I get very defensive about my little trailer Steve, (I knew you poking fun, sorry thought I'd put a smiley face to show I was poking fun back, I don't take myself that seriously) & will be forced to come & batter you should you poke fun at it again! Now you don't want to go getting knocked out buy a bird do ya! It works grand for the tighter woods, & birch thinnings etc. The crane I fitted is demountable, to keep the nose weight down when moving around. I don' think I could cope using it with the ram to lift stuff up, the time delay would kill me! My plan is to keep the arm up, at full extension & run a winch cable through the arm, so the winch will do the lifting (much quicker), but the crane will give the height & rotational swing.

i think bogeys are only beneficial if you are working a grapple if not i would find it frustrating to have to place them on, more often than not it would fall between the chasis and axle. And unless they were the exact lengths it would be a pain. I am thinking on the arb side though. coppicing and forestery is a diferent mater and more suited