a good bbq

firewoodman

i'm looking for a good bbq....got to be large, oil drum size, with a hotplate and preferably with a spit (electric)

got my eye on a real mans bbq on tbay but at 300 quid i think its a bit steep

now i know for a hotplate i could just lay some sheet metal down on grill, so i suppose i am looking for spit ideas

oh yeah, posted this in firewood for the charcoalers who may know:001_cool:

extreme caution must be used when cutting old oil drums gasses inside explode with lethal force 2 people killed already doing just that ,hope you dont think im being too dramatic but one of these guys was an experienced fabricator.

not quite bbq you looking for but last year a guy i know and deliver logs to commissioned a builder to make him a pizza oven in his garden, circular base with domed roof approx 2m high, all lined with firebricks, i just happened to be delivering some wood to him one afternoon when he had a tray of pork belly ready, man was that good grub.. it was their 3rd tray that afternoon and they were all sat around with full guts bursing at the seams..

extreme caution must be used when cutting old oil drums gasses inside explode with lethal force 2 people killed already doing just that ,hope you dont think im being too dramatic but one of these guys was an experienced fabricator.

A collegue of mine had a drum blow up in his face! He survived with small margins... Refurbished face and with one good eye his back in buisness after just over a year of surgery and intensive care.

He knew and still knows that a drum should always be filled with water before cutting, he just forgot....as he was angry and upset after an argument with his son....

Edited by Xerxses