Tour de France 2010

Ian H

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss cycling - a LOT. Hung up my LOOK cleats in 99 due to an injury. Had a titanium dynatech with 105 which by todays standards would be utter crap but I loved it. Can still remember that Lemond / Fignon finish.

I miss it too mate, ditto-injuries, reckon LOOK still make the best cleats/frames, I had a faint sniff of being able to get back on a road bike so bought an uber frame from LOOK was gonna be dream bike but had to sell to pay a tax bill, I still drool over all the frames/components counting the grams:001_rolleyes:

Lemond/Fignon were classic days, great racers and real characters, great times:thumbup1:

Edited by Ian H
typo

No need for sky mate, I think itv4 are running nightly/weekly highlights so i'm guessing you can get that thru a set top box/freeview or via the internet, I tend to watch the long coverage(saddo that I am) on eurosport when I can-blow by blow.:biggrin:

Edited by Ian H
addition

eurosport show it live every day, only trouble with itv is they show it at about midnight, as said some great battles been done in the past, still got on video (remember them) stephen roche,s epic mountain top stage finish when he collapsed at the top.

not been the same for me since Big Mig finished.

Still catch bits & pieces on the box.:thumbup1:

Yeah Big Mig was good but a tad boring. If you're harping on about the past then it has to be Sean Kelly for me, the worlds number one all time road race ace, hard as bleedin' nails........:thumbup:

Yes Mick, first tour at the tender age of 36, cervelo test time are one of my fave teams:thumbup1:

Always struck me as a little bit weird that he hasn't rode a tour before now. He has always been a strong rider and it's a shame to see him in the tour at such a late age.

I'd love to see him win a stage.