ideal tickets

pyro

Hey folks

I have about 500 quid for training tickets to get me into a job, so my question is what should i go for first to be able to get me a job?

1) b+e - car and trailer

2) C1 - 7.5tonne

3) C - up to 32tonne rigid (not sure on cost)

4) cs31 - small felling

5) ariel rescue, - not looked at costs or pre-requesites yet.

6) chippers

7) stump grinders etc

at the moment its all the money i have got untill i can get some form of job to pay for more...

thanks

Ben

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming your young, Maybe look at something other young people may not have, Being able to tow chippers for instance.

To be honest tho, For me anyway, Id want to get my basic tree felling before anything else

I agree with Mozza,can you just pay for a new assesment on the one you failed (cs31),I seem to recall that you can....Just checked with NPTC,and you can retake the assesment without further training,way to go mate!

I agree with Mozza,can you just pay for a new assesment on the one you failed (cs31),I seem to recall that you can....Just checked with NPTC,and you can retake the assesment without further training,way to go mate!

awesome thanks for that ill get in touch with andrew morton then!

i will need a bit of practice as its been a while since ive felled anything but ive all the work books still.

Ben

If you have £500,

B + E and a chipper ticket.

A one day first aid if you can run to that as well.

Firms want people who are able and willing to drag and chip brash and are then able to take it away.

There will be plenty of people on the site to fell all the small trees.

You can already cross cut them at the chipper mouth with your cs 30.

If you are any good and keep on top of there work, they will find the time to let you have a go at something else. :001_smile:

Yup, do the trailer test. You are a beginner (I assume) so if you can drive the van and chipper cut up brash and feed the chipper you are employable.

Soooo many youth out there who aren’t allowed to tow anything bigger than a wheelbarrow.

As a trained 31’er you can practice under supervision in your new job and do the re test later. Who knows maybe your employer will fund it?

Lessons and test cost about £700 per category, depending on aptitude. 7.5 tonner isn’t much good without the 201 restriction lifted (another trailer test)

Andy

Edited by treequip
Ammer beat me to it

Hey guys and gals

thanks for your replys so far! most helpful

Im currently looking into b+e courses - tockwith traning wants 700+vat :|

although i have spotted a course for £105 that is made for people with previous experience with trailers (Which i have)

just awaiting replys to the emails i sent now!

Ben