Hot weather and machines

Theocus

Duetz can be air, oil or water cooled

Duetz Air and oil cooled are the most popular in industrial machines as neither are affected by freezing, though when oil cooled that system is totally separate from the machines hydraulic system.

I'd be very supprised if its the Engine on the Machine causing trouble in the heat.Deutz Oil cooled engines are used on Machinery that Stacks Sugar Cane in the North of Australia,South Africa and Malaysia.

I have worked with Bell Ultra loggers,powered by Oil cooled Engines in 40plus deg.They certainly get hot,but are made to take it.

Well the machine is up and running again thank god. The hire company changed the filters, hydraulic oil and few other little bits and pieces yesterday. Went over last night and fired a load of big stuff through and it ate it up easily.....

Fact is that the machine should have been running like this all last week and not just been given to us with a new set of blades, we lost about 2hrs a day after it didnt want to play and over 6 days that all adds up. Back at it again tomorrow and Thursday so fingers crossed all goes well and can get the job done.

Many thanks go to David (Theocus) for all his help on the job, coping with

the chipper problems and change of days in his already hectic schedule.:thumbup:

Used 3 vermeers in my time 1 small 5inch machine which kept pumping out hydralic fluid from the filler cap even with the correct levels. 2 large road tows 1.250kgs can't remember the model but not a small one. Auto feed buttons kept breaking, pto clutch faulty. IMO from these 3 i would never use one again. Im sure there are many that work fine and i just got the 3 bad ones:sneaky2:

Used 3 vermeers in my time 1 small 5inch machine which kept pumping out hydralic fluid from the filler cap even with the correct levels. 2 large road tows 1.250kgs can't remember the model but not a small one. Auto feed buttons kept breaking, pto clutch faulty. IMO from these 3 i would never use one again. Im sure there are many that work fine and i just got the 3 bad ones:sneaky2:

you must have got lemons:001_tongue:

I have been working with Alister from arbtalk on a big job felling 80 odd poplars. We hired a tracked Vermeer BC1000xl for the week to deal with the brash. The heat has killed this machine with it not working after 12 on most days. There is no hydraulic oil cooling on it and even the Deuzt engine gave up up and shut down.

We called the hire company out who tested it in the cool of the morning and got it working but surely a machine of this standard should work. Needless to say we are 2 days behind on this job due to the machine!!

Has anyone else noticed either with the vermeer chippers or any others that the heat has got to them.

My Timberwolf i think would work in an oven, it just doesnt get fazed!

Air cooled engines suck, I bet the cooling fins are clogged

Edited by Lee Winger