Mountain biking?

Frank

full suspension is for fairies, you need to feel the ride, i would consider front fork suspension as i have a habit of bending front forks forward on landings, but at least you will get fit with power-sapping rear suspension.. doingy doing:thumbup:

Won't be power sapping with a lock out on front and rear. Duh.

More inclined towards hardtail with decent front shockers with lockout for road use. Gonna get 2 sets of rims with road and off road tyres.

Budget at the moment stands at around the £650 mark. Found a realy nice looking CUBE at chainreactioncycles.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Built my teenage dream bike recently from ebay purchases - 1997 Gt Zaskar. Loved it then and even more now. Some things are worth waiting for.

Possibly one of the finest frame every made.

If you have the time then flea bay is your best bet, you can get the bits that you want to make your ultimate bike. And it stops unloved parts going to landfill.

I did just that and now have a good hard tail that i can keep you with my friends who have spent thousands. I spent £265.

You pays your money and makes your choice.

Possibly one of the finest frame every made.

If you have the time then flea bay is your best bet, you can get the bits that you want to make your ultimate bike. And it stops unloved parts going to landfill.

I did just that and now have a good hard tail that i can keep you with my friends who have spent thousands. I spent £265.

You pays your money and makes your choice.

'tis truly the best bit of aluminium I've ever bought... and I forgot the build price - £350 (though I had some wheelsets lying around).

'tis truly the best bit of aluminium I've ever bought... and I forgot the build price - £350 (though I had some wheelsets lying around).

I had a 98 zaskar. Bought new in 98. Built it up with maguiers hydraulic brakes before they were popular. It was the ultimate dirt bike and made the bmx fairies salivate. One day when I came out from the shop, she wasn't were I parked her. Never did see her again.

Anyone have any experience of Litespeed frames?

Yes, Lightspeed are very good – up there with FatChance. If you want an inexpensive Ti frame have a look at Van Nicholas Van Nicholas - The Titanium Bike Company. Dutch company specializing in the design of role-specific and tailor-made Titanium frames, and hand-built bikes