Quotes over the phone.

Mesterh

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Dean says, never had any trade from these types but had lots of calls.

The worst one i had went on and on and my isistance on a site visit wasnt doing any good. The guy asked for about the fourth time "so cant you give me any idea at all?"

I finally answered "The least i ever charged to remove a tree was £40, the most for one tree was £4400. I hope that gives you a rough idea"

To which he answered "There, that wasnt so difficult was it?" Then slammed the phone down!

Idiots!

you guys are missing out in a huge amount of work because you are letting your own huffy wuffy sensetivity get in the way of business, i used to do this all the time because i didnt know how to deal with this type of personality, now i do its great, they are excellent peolpe to work with, you have to define the idiots from the direct ones, practice it, a direct person wants to hear confidence and authority, not excuses. You are too used to working for old grannies that think you are so big and strong and make you cups of tea and give you biscuits and make you feel all loved and wanted, get a grip and man up!!

you guys are missing out in a huge amount of work because you are letting your own huffy wuffy sensetivity get in the way of business, i used to do this all the time because i didnt know how to deal with this type of personality, now i do its great, they are excellent peolpe to work with, you have to define the idiots from the direct ones, practice it, a direct person wants to hear confidence and authority, not excuses. You are too used to working for old grannies that think you are so big and strong and make you cups of tea and give you biscuits and make you feel all loved and wanted, get a grip and man up!!

Hahaha, the world you live in is totally different to ours Stevie babe :thumbup:

It may be a down fall of mine Stevie, but i do not connect with such folk. I do not need the work and i will not work for people i cannot connect with. If they show such ignorance over the phone, i really arent that bothered about being in their presence, let alone work for them and worry about the next issue.

The old grannies supplying tea and bickkies usually supply payment as promptly too:thumbup:

Ah well the muppet has lived up to my expectations and just called to cancel the meeting:laugh1:

He has other prior engagements and will call me back when he knows a time that he is available:001_rolleyes:

I suppose I should be thankful he called now and not just wait until 2 mins before I'm due to turn up, or just not be in!

Steve your just bonkers with your badger talk.:laugh1:

Oops thanks for the info too fellas.:thumbup1:

Most of them are just chancers with no intention of letting you quote properly. They just want an idea of how much money they're saving doing it themselves.

My reply to everyone of them is: How long's this piece of string in my pocket?