Quotes over the phone.

Mesterh

Christ, there's many on here have majorly cocked their price up after a site visit and looking at it from all angles so expecting to get it right over the phone is rediculous

they obviously didnt look at it from all angles, if they did they wouldnt mess up the price.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are reasonable people, they listen to that.

If they don't I give them Plippys number....

:lol:nice one, which when it comes round to me i end up sending mark to climb it anyway at £40 a day:001_tt2::sneaky2:

Its not really a quote over the phone though is it? Its more an estimate of what could be inlvolved. No ones sayign the do fixed price quotes over the phone.

I have in the past given rough ideas of what it could be 200-2000 sort of thing and offered to come and quote, but I don't think any of those enquiries have led to work.

Even if I went and quoted and it was more like 200, then someone else would have said 150-1500 over the phone and gone round and quoted 150 and got it.

Asking over the phone means that price is the main factor. If experience and insurance etc is the main factor then they would start off by asking about that?

Why would they want to know a price over the phone when you offer free no obligation quotes, thats the whole idea isn't it.

If you told them between £300 and £500 over the phone then got there and went, ahh, it's going to be double that, you never mentioned 3 flights of steps, a sloped garden and 300m drag, they'd moan like frig and think you were a plonker, then spread the word round you tried to rip them off

i have went to jobs with a price already arranged with out seeing the job, i did one last week, nothing was coming off site and i knew it was in a wood beside a steel container that was it, when i saw it i would of easy asked double if i had seen it, but it took me 15 mins to get on the ground and the lad threw it in the woods and we had done £200 plus vat, i emailed the guy and cheque was posted today, job done.

Why would they want to know a price over the phone when you offer free no obligation quotes, thats the whole idea isn't it.

If you told them between £300 and £500 over the phone then got there and went, ahh, it's going to be double that, you never mentioned 3 flights of steps, a sloped garden and 300m drag, they'd moan like frig and think you were a plonker, then spread the word round you tried to rip them off

you have some imagination dean, that is the story in your head, how can you know its the story in someone elses:laugh1: