veggie oil on long bar??

welwell

Hello all

Thanks to Justin @ FR for the 660 on friday, great price and a great day out in Cirencester!!

Question is, I've been running the veggie oil on the saws now for 6 months or so, no negative reports this far, but I wonder if it's advisable on the 36 inch bar that I got at the show.

Do you boys who use veggie (rapeseed) oil on their bars use it on all lengths??

Just a wonderin'???

Cheers

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that straight veg cooking oil from Tescos did not cling to the chain well enough and that there was a problem with "fling"

I understood bio chain oil to be special chain oil designed to cling to the chain and not fly off like normal veg oil?

I would be interested to hear if straight veg oil from Tescos will be fine for my saws as buying proper bio chain oil is much more expensive.

I thought that straight veg cooking oil from Tescos did not cling to the chain well enough and that there was a problem with "fling"

I understood bio chain oil to be special chain oil designed to cling to the chain and not fly off like normal veg oil?

I would be interested to hear if straight veg oil from Tescos will be fine for my saws as buying proper bio chain oil is much more expensive.

Stock chain oil will "cling" to the chain/bar aswell, The bio stuff is just better for the environment :001_smile:

Yes, I realise that - I try to use bio oil when I can get it (as I work for an Environmental company) - I have heard of people using veg oil from Tescos as chain oil but was told that it flings off the chain so is not suitable for bar/chain lubrication

If people have been happily using cooking oil for bar/chain lube then I will start using cooking oil instead of biodegradable chain oil