got a call ! what a laugh

Czlowiek Drzewo

I just cant understand why people complain about the price after the work has been done!

They obviously agreed the price before you started.As long as you do what you say in a professional manner and there happy with the end result what's there to complain about.

Would they have been happier if you had gotten rained off half way through or had a mechanical breakdown therefore taking 2 days to do 3 hours work.

Bet they would have thought they had got a bargain then!:001_tongue:

Exactly!

If I'd priced a tree removal and turned up with a saw, helipcoptor came in we hooked up the tree and cut it off in a oner and job done in 10 mins would they say it was too dear then :laugh1:

I've had so many of these, especially lately.

If people quibble about doing it quickly I now ask if they would be willing to pay more if we went over the estimated time?

Better still for the last few weeks I do not give a time estimate, If it's going to be a half day I just say we'll get it done in well under a day - but we have to take the waste away and dispose of it AND pay for the disposal.

My guidelines - price for a bit longer than you think - tell customer (if pushed) less duration than you think - explain that if it takes longer that's my problem because the price and the job are a contract. No hourly rates to be taken into account.

You should not be punished for speed/efficiency but you should be rewarded with the agreed money for the agreed qualilty of work!

Moral of the story - as all project managers say...'Manage expectations'

If you can find a way to get the job done better/easier/quicker then good for you. I'm sure we've all negotiated with a neighbour (often in the next street) to get easier access

so there we are Quality of job/pre agreed price - Time taken is soon forgotten by all parties.

Sounds like someone has been in the customers ear saying they could have done it cheaper, faster, better etc after the job was done. I have done this to mates when they have been going on about getting a great deal on something, I always tell them I got the same thing cheaper just to wind them up. Always good for a laugh