Police incompetence!!!!!!!!

skyhuck

I doubt that very much Tim, the clue is in the place name "Sellefield" a prime terrorist target. It would not be good to have a local police force made up of farmers with pitch forks and catapults

meant gun crime, Cumbria in general is not known for shootings unlike London Manchester and Glasgow...whose forces are regularly dealing with shootings and armed crime.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always believed that the UK police would put them selves in harms way to protect the public, how very naive I was.

The fact that this took almost 3 hours, 12 people where killed and others injured, but not one police officer was even slightly injured, speaks volumes too me.

is it not bad enough that the headlines read 12 dead? would it make you more content to read 20 dead including 8 brave police men whos devistated families are consoled knowing theyd had a go? or maybe they could of been succesful using yours and deans heros approach, but had members of the public been caught in the cross fire or the out of control cars then im sure youd be on here right now slating their reckless antics. hind sight is a wonderful thing and whilst im sure we would all hope that we could act couragously in such circumstances......unfortunately life doesnt play out like the movies!:thumbdown:

, the criminal seems to have more rights than the police or the public, so I'd presume all attempts were made to take him alive, hoping he would hole up and be talked down.

By this I meant that hopefully they (the Police) could then gain control of the situation, rather than him dictating the pace in the open roads. It is a very sorry affair, lives taken in a instant, people like us doing their everyday tasks, lets hope its not repeated again....anywhere. Only one person was to blame for the unfortunate chain of events, and he took his own life.

care to elaborate?

You dont me and have no idea what I would have done, you only know what you would have done, and I wouldn't call it a "hero approach" to me it is natural instinct, nothing else.

ARO's and Beat bobbies get paid to risk their life, if they dont like doing so they should get an office job or dont join in the first place, it's quite simple.

I can't stand this "oh I wouldn't like to do their job"

Thats why those that say it are not coppers and those that are know full well what they let themselves in for.