Police incompetence!!!!!!!!

skyhuck

If you join the police you should join it to uphold the law a safety of the public, and if you cannot do that using the loss of your job as an excuse, then in my opinion you are f-ing spineless. Are you seriously trying to excuse their lack of attempts at action with their potential job loss as a valid reason????????

I very much doubt that they would have lost their jobs if they had stopped him, however they had done it short of causing more death...

And of course there shouldnt have been a madman on the loose, but guess what- he was a madman, and NO amount of legislation or anything else will EVER stop that.

Lol chill out.

Hence my mention of the word 'vocation' which you missed out.

It would seem many police are there just for the money and not to make a stand as Dean says.

It would also seem that many who would like to make a stand have been battered into submission by red tape and prob couldnt care anymore.

Being in the police is something I certainly wouldnt want to do but if many of you feel that strongly than maybe you should.Thats the type of people the forces need.

Are you seriously trying to excuse their lack of attempts at action with their potential job loss as a valid reason????????

Well it seems something stopped them,probably someone on the other end of the mic telling them to follow at a distance.If so I believe they do have to follow orders just like soldiers even if they think its wrong.

I dunno the police constantly get a bad rap no matter what they.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tommer, I wasn't trying to tip you over the edge with the Land Rover crack mate!

Too late- ive got me guns and im off.......

:lol::lol:No worries. I was genuinely confused mind!!

Lol chill out.

Hence my mention of the word 'vocation' which you missed out.

It would seem many police are there just for the money and not to make a stand as Dean says.

It would also seem that many who would like to make a stand have been battered into submission by red tape and prob couldnt care anymore.

Being in the police is something I certainly wouldnt want to do but if many of you feel that strongly than maybe you should.Thats the type of people the forces need.

Well it seems something stopped them,probably someone on the other end of the mic telling them to follow at a distance.If so I believe they do have to follow orders just like soldiers even if they think its wrong.

I dunno the police constantly get a bad rap no matter what they.

Yeah- missed the vocation bit:confused1:

I still disagree with your last statemnet though......red tape or no, saving peoples lives isSURELY more important than obeying orders isnt it?:confused1:

Yeah- missed the vocation bit

I still disagree with your last statemnet though......red tape or no, saving peoples lives isSURELY more important than obeying orders isnt it?:confused1:

I dunno I just listened to Colonel Jessop in the film A Few Good Men.:thumbup:

I get all my knowledge from the TV and not real life.:001_tongue:

I think that also when people dont obey orders people die unnecessary too.

My last sentence makes no sense to me so I dont expect anyone else to understand it.:confused1:

i love all these people on here slagging cumbria police off, maybe you lot should start your own force. in the last 8 months cumbria police have had 3 major incidents to sort out and have done a good job under the circumstances.

I think were society is failing is the loss of ability for individuals to appraise a given situation and think for themselves.

As Mesterh says, red tape has taken away decision making to such an extent that people have no common sense.

I am old breed and have been dragged up not brought up, I inherently act then think and it has cost me dearly.

Two times I have found myself in life threatening situations because I act on impulse with scant disregard for my own safety. Its only afterwards I sit and think, well that could have been a bit iffy.

I have also been around firearms all my life and last year I was inches away from being accidently shot and yet still remain calm despite the gun being pointed directly at my face from 20ft away even after one barrel had been disharged at me.

What I am trying to say is that most firearms officers today, join with zero experience of firearms and join for the status. I watched years ago a firearms officer shoot a drunk with an imitation shotgun, the bloke was in his bedroom behind double glazing and the officer was behind a panel van.

The guy pointed his gun towards the window, and the officer feared for his life, yes the guy deserved to be shot but the officers life was not in danger. A set of protocols he had to follow which he did and imo in this case he bottled it and earned himself an exclusive " I shot someone" badge to boot

Protocol has a lot to answer for and BTW, squaddies do follow orders but are also trained to improvise and are allowed to make their own decisions in critical situations, otherwise the forces would not be able to function

i love all these people on here slagging cumbria police off, maybe you lot should start your own force. in the last 8 months cumbria police have had 3 major incidents to sort out and have done a good job under the circumstances.

Thats what their job is :confused1:

They actually get paid to put their life on the line and sort out incidents :confused1:

ok, i dont agree with most of the posts on this subject. you are entitled to your opinions and im entitled to mine. i have mates up there and go to some of the places on a regular basis. maybe its a bit close to home for me to see your point. cheers.

"What I am trying to say is that most firearms officers today, join with zero experience of firearms and join for the status"

sorry dean but that's complete horse poop!!!!

...and the reason it's horse poop ??

My reasoning is two of my friends are firearms officers and together we have carried out firearms demonstrations at a village show we organise, if you wish to attend this show and discuss the matter with them, I'm sure they will enlighten you, I can even give you his mobile if you wish.

I have also coached the Police shooting team for pistol, on the ranges, all firearms officers so have spent a lot of time with them. I have also had FAO's join me game shooting who have never owned a shotgun.

On that documentary police with cameras, it followed a female FAO on training, she admitted applying and being accepted into firearms with zero firearms experience ....fact

Perhaps the word "most" was a little harsh, I'll change that to "many" and stand rigidly by my statement.

Edited by Dean Lofthouse