New STEIN "Skywalker" Pulley

Nigel

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only ever brought 1 stein thing a thowline cube it was cheap and didn’t last long before it fell apart. my friend had a pair of the chainsaw boots and they didn’t last before the eyes fell off for the laces.

Other then Regs lowering devices is stein stuff just a cheaper copy’s or alternatives to other equipment all ready on the market?? I’m not slagging it off I’m just interested

let me see, off the top of my head to date.....

ive had 3 different makes of boots ive had issues with....my petzl sequoia waist belt ripped after a very short period, my treemotion had the known issues with it, a treemagic that also had stitching problems, ive had a falteimer cube that the rods broke on and also pierced the outer material in a relatively short space of time, ive picked up several karabiners at shows all from the well known manufacturers that probably wouldnt have undergone a rigorous loler test due to not autolocking everytime, ive had ropes that have had noticeable imperfections in them, im not sure all these things would be classed as 'cheap copies'?

If everything was perfect, we'd only have a very small selection of products on the market, don't you think?

That's the problem with the internet, opinion presented as fact...

I for one would prefer to see a selection of products and healthy competition to keep everyone sharp. It's not like we won't whinge if it's naff is it? :)

nigel will the stein brand do things like camp and just copy other products and just come up with a ingenius way of selling it, i fail to see other than the price tag what this can do compared to a hc in or out of a rigging application. id be ineterested to see what this can do that proven equipment on the market can already do. other than flood it with second rate gear of course.

get your self down to the ARB fair next week to find out :001_tongue:

nigel will the stein brand do things like camp and just copy other products and just come up with a ingenius way of selling it, i fail to see other than the price tag what this can do compared to a hc in or out of a rigging application. id be ineterested to see what this can do that proven equipment on the market can already do. other than flood it with second rate gear of course.

Jarnii, Maybe you should ask the same question about DMM`s Pinto Pulley and their new Rigging pulleys. Other than looking very nice these will only do the same job as what ISC and other manufacturers have had on the market for years. I do however resent you calling my equipment second rate gear. Maybe you should reserve your options until such time you have seen the product.