MTD 25T splitter flow rate?

bob

My control lever has broken and spirts oil everywhere and am sorting a new one just wondered if anyone knew the flow rate so i get the right one first time

can,t seem to find a spec sheet

Help please

Can't help, but did you keep it as a two handed control or did you make some alterations?

Mines one handed now and its sooo much better. No more lending it to clients though!!

mine is not that new so just one handle:thumbup:

though thinking i might make it foot operated so both hands are free :thumbup:

Your hydraulic supplier will be able to source it from the id code on the busted valve.

If you look at the code you might be able to guess it. The id code is made up from the valve data such as type ports and flow.

Why is the valve leaking?

If the oil is coming from the shaft it’s probably just an “O” ring. If that’s the case I can fix it for pennies.

Andy

Your hydraulic supplier will be able to source it from the id code on the busted valve.

If you look at the code you might be able to guess it. The id code is made up from the valve data such as type ports and flow.

Why is the valve leaking?

If the oil is coming from the shaft it’s probably just an “O” ring. If that’s the case I can fix it for pennies.

Andy

no code on it

no code on it

That’s a nuisance, have a look at the pump, that should have a code on it and it logically follows that the pump and valve will be matched.

Other than that hydraulics goes in groups. You can get a good idea of the flow from the ports and pipes.

I have googled your machine and if it’s this

MTD Logic LS550 25 Ton Petrol Log Splitter

that little engine won’t run anything more than 25/30 litres without choking.

So where is the leak? If it's just a worn seal it's a quick and simple fix

Andy

it was the o ring but never fixed it and now unit is just abused and worn and linkage keeps cracking and basically it,s knacked and dont like how it mounts and all that

also i have a very good relationship with a hydraulic importers and am owed a thing or 2

so just going to start again really

so would you go 3/8 or half inch or something else

it was the o ring but never fixed it and now unit is just abused and worn and linkage keeps cracking and basically it,s knacked and dont like how it mounts and all that

also i have a very good relationship with a hydraulic importers and am owed a thing or 2

so just going to start again really

so would you go 3/8 or half inch or something else

If what was on was 3/8” then go for the same again. 3/8” goes up to 45 gpm and if that little petrol tinker can shift that I would be surprised.

Not a lot of point going for a 1/2” valve if the rest of it is happy on 3/8”, unless the 1/2” valve is cheap. It will be more durable for its size.

If you fancy a “something else” have a look for a hydraulic knock out valve. Have it spring detented to the up port and the blade will go up when you let go of the lever which leaves you with both hands free on the up stroke. If the ram hits the top (or a stop you set) the valve kicks to the centre position which stops the blade. It will speed you up by about 30%

Andy