Thanks guys

I'm not sure I liked the "and even Frank" comment. I believe it should have started with Frank and then said "oh and the rest of the guys too",

but mainly Frank. "Its his happy go lucky outlook on the world that keeps everyones moral up"

I think your a bit of a loony bin and would have very much liked to have met you at Capel.

Frank, the fact YOUR callig me a bit of a loon is laughable to say the least!:001_tt2: pot and kettle spring to mind!

Nice one Tony

I know I dont praise enough ( its girly) but I genuinely have a lot of respect for you Tony and admire your commitment to learning and advancing your knowledge base, your a valuable Arbtalk resource and a thoroughly decent guy

There....I've said it... dont think I fancy you or anything and dont expect any more praise in future

For words like that to come from such a northern monkey, well thats a very big deal! as for fancying me, I wouldnt blame you, cos Im a stud muffin!:lol:

He's probably not up yet, I phoned him up last night and we chatted till very very late, in fact early hours. Long time since I've heard my home accent, made me homesick.

The world of arb and the world in general has now been set to rights

Much easier using speaking than writing, and thanks for your input Tony on all the things we discussed.:thumbup1:

Paul folks can chew the hind legs of a donkey, DO NOT GIVE HIM YOUR NUMBER! lmao

Good luck Hamma Im sure you are going to be fine.

cheers fella and all that wished me luck!

Thanks for the continual posts on here Im trying to learn from them:thumbup1:

Dont follow my lead fella, i havent a clue what Im talking about, im just a blagger! lol

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one Tony!! really glad things are now heading in the direction you want!!!

I know we don't always see eye to eye, but I wish you all the very best for the future!!!!!!

You know Huck, one day, youll see me doing my thing, then youll realise i am more like you than you may give me credit for!

I am like mustard, but seeing is believing and we should do a job together some time, it will be educational for BOTH of us!:thumbup1:

I really do fancy a bit of the freelance action, reckon it would be cool, and give me a chance to prove there is a lot more to Hama than fungi!:biggrin:

It is incredibly liberating to think in a year maybe, I will be a free agent, able to roam about in my landy, doing a climbing job here, a mortgage report there, an ecology survey or get involved with a study program on some bizzare obscure project, like the lichen studies in the caledonian remnants.

I will hold my own in every form of arboriculture, and maintain both my climbing skills and develop my consulting expertise, while also participating in unique bits of research, this is a life i hadnt even contemplated, a bit of all the things that make me what i am, rather than trying to channel it all through some 9-5 routine.

I will rent a flat there, a cottage here, and tarp up and go all ray mears as and when required, but most of all i will spread my wings and get down to some hardcore arboriculture the likes of which will be the stuff of legends!

maybe this is where it was always heading, for me at least, a truly multi disciplinary approach, something I like to call contempory arboriculture, inspired by "modern arboriculture" "arbor ecology" and neville fays desire to see a truly multi disiplined approach to arboriculture.

I thought I wanted out of the climbing, but this last few days has re awoken that inate passion i have for the ART of reduction, something I have always loved doing something that has, and always will allow me, to express that need for craft outlet.

i wont be begging for my place and rights within this business anymore, im going to take them by force if need be, and nothing and no one is going to stand in my way.

I refuse to kill myself to satisfy the academics by achieving letters after my name, when in truth what they all didnt tell me was that they mean JACK in the real world, they just mean you can be "in the club" and I am going to make it my personal mission to prove that even an uneducated man can have a big influence and contribute to the science and practice of arboriculture.

I know thats a bold and very large statement but i will prove this, am always true to my word.

You guys have given me back my sense of confidence and ability at a time when i was at my lowest ebb, battered by peers who I allowed to keep me in check. I thought if I played their game they would entertain me and release me from my shackles. The irony is its the REAL ARBS that are releasing me and letting me move forward, and that my debt lies with you guys and NEVER the "institutional clan" bar a few "exceptional exceptions"

For all those that continue to flatter me with your comments regarding MY knowledge, i appreciate the sentiments like you would not bellieve, but I promise you the best is yet to come. I havent the resources to give you the best of what I can do, but I garauntee what i have, learn and gain will always be given to you lot for gratis. if there is one thing I am uba against it is the withholding of information or exclusion or elitest attitudes that exist in the higher ranks of this game, and i will give away anything I have to any of you if it helps you learn or gain something that makes your arb life better or more rewarding.

I couldnt care less about money, or material things, all i ever wanted to do was share my passion for this stuff and encourage others to do the same and maybe introduce a few to seeing things a little differently because when you do life is just so darn interesting. The fact that not just one or two of you but loads have PM'd or publicly said you want to find out more now, or buy a book, or get the camera out or see the ecological side of what we do, some of you have even changed some of the things you do because of my influence. that is to me a priceless thing, just knowing that even one of you sees things through new eyes, through eyes like mine is all i will ever need from my life in arb.

You lot encourage me something rotten! and i love it because your making me up the anti all the time, thinking constantly about new content, new information, new ways of delivery. I can not wait to get some kit and give you images from a microscope. Fungal strategies, wood properties, ecological managment lichenology, mycology blah blah.

Dont get this wrong, im not bigging it up, Im just sharing what is for me a great journey, i am far far far from being a knowledgable guy, but I love my life long learning curve and the fact you lot get something out of my contributions here means its worth sharing. You lot are forcing me to learn harder faster and in more depth, you really dont know how important THAT is to me, my degree was stiffling me, but you lot are making this FUN on a way way better level.

You lot are driving my quest even harder than I do alone, so believe me, this overly sentimental post is sincere, cos I really do thrive because of AT and its members.