Its not all about cutting em down!

madmatt

Anywhere else we would have staked much lower, We are some what concerned about the less desirable students vandalising it yep, the college are commisoning a tree guard made from wrought iron so hopefully we can go back and re stake it soon.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its very frustrating having trees you've planted vandalised, especially when your just trying to improve the area, or plant trees in someones memory.

When I was a kid though I did'nt think about these things

In my experience, the level of the staking only alters the level at which the tree is snapped off. If there are so minded people around, the vandalism will occur anyway. I ran a large planting job in the middle of Stoke on Trent, it included a lot of extra heavy standards along the canal towpath. I arrived on site one morning to find around twenty of these snapped off, and one uprooted completely and thrown in the canal. They must have worked really hard on that one because I know how heavy it was and the struggle we had getting it into position with a team of 5 experienced lads. In short, the ingenuity of the vandals knows no bounds.

Kev.

Well I can honestly say I have planted more whips than I have felled trees, used to work for a country park in the National forest so we spent a few winters planting hundreds a day lol. Mind now I'm mainly felling em so i soon won't be able to say that

Well I can honestly say I have planted more whips than I have felled trees, used to work for a country park in the National forest so we spent a few winters planting hundreds a day lol. Mind now I'm mainly felling em so i soon won't be able to say that

I'm glad that I can say the same.

I have planted thousands of trees, not as many as some but enough to justify my love of cutting them down.

Ok, I want to plant more, but everyone calls me to take them down, fun most of the time but feel like a prize sh1t when it's a nice big oak that's "spoiling the view from my new conservatory". Any tips on getting people to plant them more, will be welcome.