what to do with this beech??

shillo

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the beech liking pruning was a mock tony, dont know how to smiley face in post quick reply, i just dont like them house side limbs, there not pretty, oooh lavly like!!

One of the reasons those limbs are so disproportionate is due to them being forced up, going Phototropic toward the light due to proximity of the house, and the shade it caused.

reducing it down in line with the far side of the crown would make this tree appear far more proportionate and balanced.

What concerns me though is the time span between the removal of the side branches and now, there is very little epi response, though if your collar cuts where ALL 100% perfect i would not expect so much anyways, and they do look clean.

beech collars are hard to get right to an untrained eye.

One of the reasons those limbs are so disproportionate is due to them being forced up, going Phototropic toward the light due to proximity of the house, and the shade it caused.

correct me if im wrong,

but it looks to me like that tree has been there alot longer than the house

it appeared that there was a fair bit of branch removed, guess i would have pruned off property a bit more sympathetically,

back to the old customer wishes question again really, was once told never to judge treework as you dont know what was like before any work was done,

correct me if im wrong,

but it looks to me like that tree has been there alot longer than the house

I dont doubt that, but the growth above and beyond the house being built is basicaly as a result, the BUTT of it may be older but the last 5 meteres of growth wont be, that will have been influenced by a need to ADAPT!