method satetments and h&s plan

Hi Mike,

Sorry this sounds like a 'sales' pitch, whilst it is...it isn't meant to be (WOT???!)

IF you are engaging an external consultant to 'assist' (A key word) you to develop a H&S management system PLEASE ensure either they understand our industry, and it's peculiarities (many on here eh?..ha, cheeky g*t!), or work with you to understan it.

Honest, over the years I've seen H&S policies and procedures with all the 'bells and whilstles' and shiney covers you could hope for, AND paying several hundreds of pounds for, BUT which are actually irrelavnt and inappropriate for arb activities.

As an alternative the AA do a H&S PACkage (£45+p&p) which covers most of the major H&S legislative areas you need to address. It's probably our best seller and many small contractors have benefitted from it's use and implementation. There is a free donwload MS on the website at Publications & Merchandise just scroll down the page to find it.

Lastly, to complete teh picture there is the risk assessment workshop which is worth considering.

I know many think this H&S stuff is a load of nonesense but compliance, and demonstartion of, will become an increasing requirement...sadly, maybe?!

Cheers all..

Paul

hi i was speaking to someone the other week who said to work for them a s a contractor i'd need a h&s plan, he said i could just go to a consultancy and they'd sort it. what did you guys do? is it something i can do myself? cheers mike

They probably need your insurance docs, certificates, method statement, risk assessment and safety policy?

So the later 2 can be found on here i use them Step 4: Write your health and safety policy

And the method statement im sure somewhere there is a link for one the AA did a while back to get you going but cannot find it. edit: method statment half way down the page http://www.trees.org.uk/publications.php

Hope some of this helps

Edited by Ian Flatters
found it!!!