spliced Tachyon

Rich Rule

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah that's 2 days.... you forget, it's tree SURFER.... got to get 5 hours in the water now..:lol:

and being an old fart, i can get done in 5 hours what a young gun will do in 8...:lol:

Edited by ad15
forgot

Its splices like this that give hand splicing a bad name and so everyone stays clear!!

There's no way i could of sent a splice out like that knowing that someone is going to be putting there life on it. For someone not as experienced as Rich this could of had really bad consequences.

Here's a pic of how they should look:biggrin:

DSC_0256.jpg.606ef3af5cecaee51da3df94b71a167c.jpg

actually i think rich is VERY experienced,,, just not at splicing, but fortunately he's used enough to know when it looks wrong..:001_tt2:

old snake, you REALLY got to change your avatar... the combination of that photo and your name is worrying..:lol:

actually i think rich is VERY experienced,,, just not at splicing, but fortunately he's used enough to know when it looks wrong..:001_tt2:

old snake, you REALLY got to change your avatar... the combination of that photo and your name is worrying..:lol:

What can i say mate!....i love trees!!:001_tongue:

But just for you mate ive changed it! Hope you like this one!! haha

Edited by old snake

well i got me some piano wire - 20 gauge and 21.5 from my local pianist shop. 1.98 a metre. bargain. gonna have a go at a bit of edelrid timber blue this eve after I have the nipper in bed. gonna try and do a dog lead for my old mans gun dog.

what sort of splicing instructions do I need to follow. Any help appreciated.

thanking you. :sneaky2:

The best instructions to follow are probably samsons. Brian toss has also got some vids up on youtube.

16 strand is quite easy its just the crossover where you might have some issues dont catch any strands or it can be a nightmare!! haha

cheers carl and Had.

is it because the rope is old and worn that i am having trouble extracting the core? it looked so easy on the vid on the donaghy's site (checked it out last night).

which tool do you use...?

I nipped to homebase and bought a bradal, should i blunt it off a bit?

Thanking you once again.