Google Adwards good bad

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i used adwords for a while. you need to spend a fair bit just to get your clicks, and not every click turns into a job of course.

i think you need to have a really spot on website for it to work, and getting the right keywords is important too.

i spent loads on it and only achieved 2-4 clicks per day, none of which generated an enquiry.

i wouldnt reccomend it personally

• 4 months later...

i have experience of using for a manufacturing organisation providing flame cut steel profiles to a number of sectors/industries.

since november 2009 we have spent around £800 and had around £137,000 in enquiries. it may not work for everyone but if it works in flame cutting it should do.

the one thing i would say is dont go "bid crazy" and start offering more and more per click cos it will cost loads and loads.

you need to concentrate on the quality of the ad and the page that the ad links to, this will bring down your cost per click.

we havent started using it for Cundey Systems yet but its likely we will shortly because the return on investment is greater than the majority of advertising options.

mark

I think adwords is worth a try. I have used it for a few years and certainly in the area i`m in the value for money has gone down as more people use it. If your website is good then you may come top in organic searches but adwords (and maps!) will always come above. I get adwords vouchers sent to me once in a while for being on google maps, that would be worth a try too. You have fairly good control on your budget and as long as you link your adwords account to your google analytics account you can tell what hits come from where.

Also see how many in your area already use it. If there are loads then that will put the cost up and may not be worth while.

• 2 months later...
I think adwords is worth a try. I have used it for a few years and certainly in the area i`m in the value for money has gone down as more people use it. If your website is good then you may come top in organic searches but adwords (and maps!) will always come above. I get adwords vouchers sent to me once in a while for being on google maps, that would be worth a try too. You have fairly good control on your budget and as long as you link your adwords account to your google analytics account you can tell what hits come from where.

Also see how many in your area already use it. If there are loads then that will put the cost up and may not be worth while.

How much did you spend a month do you think? I would like to give it a go just to try raise my ranking in other areas! How long was it before you were given a voucher?

Last question, how do you check what companies around you are also using it?

Thanks

We have used adwords and had a few good results from it.

Although it is our Marketing manager that looks after it, as I understand it you can set a limit on how much you spend a day. How quickly you hit that limit will be determined by the uniqueness of your adwords. It does take a little while to work through the words that work best in your area etc.

The downside, I feel however, is people can click through out of mischief and so that gets charged to your account. Of course you cannot cater for that.....