Attempted chipper theft dudley!

sihart100

solution?

I like your style mr Hill!

i use heavyduty chain but im still checkin the mirrors every few seconds at trafficlights.. big axe in cab, dont ask questions..just swing:thumbup:

One word of warning, a chain means they will need to nick the truck too!

I lost mine that way, and without the truck I was finished.

Wheel clamps, chains and a ground anchor is how I would do it if i did all this again, I even had the starter motor on the van disconnected each night, still went!

I like your style mr Hill!

One word of warning, a chain means they will need to nick the truck too!

I lost mine that way, and without the truck I was finished.

Wheel clamps, chains and a ground anchor is how I would do it if i did all this again, I even had the starter motor on the van disconnected each night, still went!

so true and landies are red hot because they nick the v5 plates vins off a knackered 1990 and stick them on a nicked 1999 and call it a hybrid

• 2 weeks later...
we had 2 chippers nicked about 2 years ago from our lister rd depo. luckily they had trackers on and were found on a bit of waste land at the side of a jippo site in cosley (batmans hill rd cosley if anyone ever has anything go missing) hiding behind a Arctic trailer

wish the light changed 10 secs earlier as i didn't have a clue they were there and would of loved to road kill them with the chipper!

We had one taken off the back of the truck a few years ago in Anchor Rd, Coseley at 9am, the lads had only left the truck to check out the job they were doing that day. It was chained to the truck, they pulled up alongside, cropped the chain/lock with bolt cutters and simply hitched it to their car and drove off.

A lady on her way to work saw what happened but only got part the reg no.

Fortunately I know a guy who knows the gypo's and it cost me £500 to get it back which was better than paying £9,000 at the time for a new one.

It is their full time occupation, they will watch the lads go out from the yard in a morning and follow them around the black country just waiting for a chance to take whatever is available.

A lad who used to work for me then set up on his own had his nicked while he was using it!. He had left the keys in the ignition and they took off with his truck and chipper while a branch was being fed into the hopper.

We had one go last year in a simular situation working in the same area... 2 trucks parked up on main road chipping into one truck the other chipper chained to truck no 2.

They bastards cut the lock and had it away mid afternoon in busy traffic...

They were long gone before the crews even noticed......

I've always prefered the wire rope and closed loop padlock. Wire rope cannot by pinched through with ordinary croppers and cannot be frozen with a pipe freezing kit and belted with a hammer. Its very difficult to cut with a saw and a 'grinder makes a bit of noise!