Wish I'd taken Health - Income Protection

Wishing you a speedy recovery. I had 3 months off with a fracture , last Nov to Feb. My insurance still hasn't paid out due to them wishing to see 3 months of accounts prior to my accident. My books are not completed until end of tax year. I'm hoping to get it back paid shortly . They are quite happy to take your premium, not so keen to give it back. I hope you have some good mates in the trade to help with your work load, people do seem to pull together when times are hard.All the best.l

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wishing you a speedy recovery. I had 3 months off with a fracture , last Nov to Feb. My insurance still hasn't paid out due to them wishing to see 3 months of accounts prior to my accident. My books are not completed until end of tax year. I'm hoping to get it back paid shortly . They are quite happy to take your premium, not so keen to give it back. I hope you have some good mates in the trade to help with your work load, people do seem to pull together when times are hard.All the best.l

typical of the insurace industry :thumbdown:

I have a policy which covers me for time off work with health issues. I was in the same thinking as you guys, spend spend spend. I'm glad I did though cos I go into hospital to have a hernia sorted on 7th June and will be out of climbing for approx 3 weeks me thinks. Doesn't sound alot but 3 weeks lost income is huge in my house since our lass quit work a month ago to be a full time nappy changer.

TCD really sorry to hear that your unable to work for a while, maybe a few of us could help out by doing a day or two here and there to at least keep the bills paid? put me up for a couple of nights and I will help you out, got a few holidays coming up so am avaliable if you need help.

dont be afraid to ask, were all innit together here.

TCD really sorry to hear that your unable to work for a while, maybe a few of us could help out by doing a day or two here and there to at least keep the bills paid? put me up for a couple of nights and I will help you out, got a few holidays coming up so am avaliable if you need help.

dont be afraid to ask, were all innit together here.

Top man :thumbup1: Even if you do talk some crap :laugh1:

Put me down for that aswell! Only an hour or so away.

sorry to hear about that:thumbdown:bet we ve all had an injury or two but just about managed to soldier on when needs must.its an arse when injury means time off becomes compulsory.i know a lad who used to work with me who managed to get in the way of a branch as he fed it through the chipper.his hand was caught between the branch and the hopper.went to the docs who said it was just bruised yet 2 weeks later(and still working with it best he could)felt it was getting worse.after an x-ray found out a small bone in his hand was fractured and was obvously now worse for it as hed been using it.after 4 ops hes been told he wont be able to supinate this hand meaning its now pretty useless.hes been forced to retire from treework altogether.hes just 24.

Man, there's some love in here!

In some ways it is self inflicted; being overweight, even slightly doesn't help at all. I didn't do the main extent of the injury at work either, but finally destroyed one of the ligaments in my sleep! Can you believe that?! Tree work might have prevented an old injury resting but I turned over the other night with such violence that I hit the roof in pain as it finally gave out. What worries me most is placating customers who have me in weekly and trying not to loose them; I am certain that when I 'phone one in particular tommorow morning they will feel they have no choice but go elsewhere; £300 ish a month lost. Very scary.

Will bear in mind all the kind responses for sure; many thanks again. :thumbup1:

Sorry to hear that, I do a lot of garden and grounds maintenance. Think you do too, thats whats worries me more losing regular customers. Me and my cousin who does the same have a understands to help each other out if we get ill. Sadly insurance doesn't cover that.