He's going at last!

felixthelogchopper

I asked loads of people about their political views just lately and found it really strange that the people who were very labour didn't have a clue about politics or policys or really anything that was going on, yet thy were still voting labour. The people who were very Tory, seemed to have researched and listened, they knew what they were voting for and understood how it all worked. People who were very liberal were just being awkward and wanted a change. Haha

Precisely.

I think much worry about Conservatism lies in the memories of Thatcher although I would quite like to see her again!

I was half hoping that a Lab-Lib coalition would occur, make a flippin good mess of everything and another General election in 12 months or so produce the desired results. Not so. I feel for Cameron; he has one hell of a mess to route through with a powerful minority with a potential to seriously undermine him to the detriment of his future governance and public support.

Lets face it, Labour has historically trashed the economy every time they've been in power; fact not fiction. Yes we're in for a bumpy ride but what alternative is there?! Whoever the PM, they will have to have the stomach to lead by solid example and not popularity.

Simple fiscal rule - spend faster than either inflation or GDP and you in up in said hole. There are numerous states that have avoided the "global" crisis; we should have been one of them. Throw said spending at joe public, it feels gooood, don't worry about it mate, tracey can have her free house once she's pregnant and your house will cover your now non-existent pension...:001_rolleyes:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote of the day. No, quote of the year.

:we as a country need to stop thinkin "what are my entitlements" and start thinking "what are my responsibilities" we need to stop thinking " what can I take" and start thinking "what can I give".

D.Cameron new prime minister.

I know many will applaud this statement from the new PM, but unfortunately, those who live by "what are my entitlements" and "what can I take" are the staunt Labourites.

They will take some converting, and i dont believe a co-illition(sp) between Lib and Con will convince them to do so!

Precisely.

I think much worry about Conservatism lies in the memories of Thatcher although I would quite like to see her again!

I was half hoping that a Lab-Lib coalition would occur, make a flippin good mess of everything and another General election in 12 months or so produce the desired results. Not so. I feel for Cameron; he has one hell of a mess to route through with a powerful minority with a potential to seriously undermine him to the detriment of his future governance and public support.

Lets face it, Labour has historically trashed the economy every time they've been in power; fact not fiction. Yes we're in for a bumpy ride but what alternative is there?! Whoever the PM, they will have to have the stomach to lead by solid example and not popularity.

Simple fiscal rule - spend faster than either inflation or GDP and you in up in said hole. There are numerous states that have avoided the "global" crisis; we should have been one of them. Throw said spending at joe public, it feels gooood, don't worry about it mate, tracey can have her free house once she's pregnant and your house will cover your now non-existent pension...:001_rolleyes:

:congrats::congrats::congrats:

Well said!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote of the day. No, quote of the year.

:we as a country need to stop thinkin "what are my entitlements" and start thinking "what are my responsibilities" we need to stop thinking " what can I take" and start thinking "what can I give".

D.Cameron new prime minister.

''Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country'' John F Kennedy, 1961.

Yep, he's an original thinker that Cameron.

At last a government that's not going to squander all my taxes and will encourage enterprise, shame the country is mortgaged up to the hilt. If scrotum face stayed in power much longer we would-be bankrupt like Greece.

I don't envy Camerons task I hope he brings some unity and wisdom to the British government.

Don't you think it actually shows how well gordon brown has done that were not in financial ruin like greece, iceland, america and like some of the other major economic players!! People are so quick to point out the negatives than look at the positives, and just watch as the countries public services are squandered as cameron cuts back, creating jobs losses and destroys the fair system that labour has fought so much for!!

Don't you think it actually shows how well gordon brown has done that were not in financial ruin like greece, iceland, america and like some of the other major economic players!! People are so quick to point out the negatives than look at the positives, and just watch as the countries public services are squandered as cameron cuts back, creating jobs losses and destroys the fair system that labour has fought so much for!!

Er, hello, haven't you noticed? We ARE in financial ruin. And you and me are as responsible as our leaders. The people get the goverment they deserve. Fair system???!!! What - us lot work our backsides off only to hand a quarter of it to freeloaders, illegal immigrants and more politically correct ernitiatives than grains of sand on the beach!

:wtf:

Er, hello, haven't you noticed? We ARE in financial ruin. And you and me are as responsible as our leaders. The people get the goverment they deserve. Fair system???!!! What - us lot work our backsides off only to hand a quarter of it to freeloaders, illegal immigrants and more politically correct ernitiatives than grains of sand on the beach!

Immigration is a joke and i agree with you about that, but the taxes also are spent on some of the best public services in the world, where a person deosn't have to worry about having a life saving operation because they cant afford it, in my family alone in the last year my grandads life has been saved through the absolutely fantastic service we have in the NHS, by operating successfully on a cancer that was sure to kill him which has now been completely removed as well as my auntie being sucesffuly treated for skin cancer within a matter of weeks of identifying it! Also i have been given the help (financially) to learn my choosen trade as a tree surgeon which now after being given the chance to learn i am am thoroughly happy earning good money and able to pay back the chance i have been given in my taxes which has all been offered to me under a labour government! not all labour supporters are free loading social parasites!!

What the country really needs is a strong, competent, chancellor, with the ability to extricate us from this financial black hole. Someone like Norman Lamont, who so successfully managed his tenure at the treasury by getting us chucked out of the ERM after 'Black Monday'and wiped millions of the markets at a stroke during his brilliant handling of the economy.

I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong, but he was Chancellor under a Labour government, wasn't he? :confused1: