stumpgrinding price per inch

John Shutler

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't own a grinder but will price at £2 ish an inch and tell the client that i can do it for that rate but they will have to wait until i have enough of a list to cover a days grinding for everyone. Works for me.

Thats what I did too. Not sure about the price per inch, but def make em wait till you can hire machine and do a whole day.:thumbup1:

Thats what I did too. Not sure about the price per inch, but def make em wait till you can hire machine and do a whole day.:thumbup1:

Yeah if you have it from 7am on site for 8am drop it off at 5pm your laughing, get a lot of stumps done especially as you can plot your route from the hirers base to the closest site and so forth.

Yeah if you have it from 7am on site for 8am drop it off at 5pm your laughing, get a lot of stumps done especially as you can plot your route from the hirers base to the closest site and so forth.

At our local hire place, a day is 24 hrs. Like you said, start early and crack on. We used to use it all day and take it back the next morning. Used to charge every customer a portion of the hire cost, plus our usual hourly rate, plus a little bit to cover the fuel.:thumbup1:

At our local hire place, a day is 24 hrs. Like you said, start early and crack on. We used to use it all day and take it back the next morning. Used to charge every customer a portion of the hire cost, plus our usual hourly rate, plus a little bit to cover the fuel.:thumbup1:

My local one would never allow 24hr hire he would lay an egg. He wants chippers and grinders back by 5pm.

My local one would never allow 24hr hire he would lay an egg. He wants chippers and grinders back by 5pm.

I've been really lucky, known the guys for a while. I can pretty much walk in, pick up whatever I want and stick it in the van. Dont even sign anything or leave a deposit these days. They know I look after tools and I know they will give me a good deal. Perfect:thumbup1:

I've been really lucky, known the guys for a while. I can pretty much walk in, pick up whatever I want and stick it in the van. Dont even sign anything or leave a deposit these days. They know I look after tools and I know they will give me a good deal. Perfect:thumbup1:

I worked for my hirer as an arborist for 3 years and helped him get AA status. You've got it good there.

• 11 months later...
The £2/£2.50 price should be for removing no arisings.

Plus you would be at great risk of hitting services.

Hello, just recycling this thread...

I have just lost a job on grinding 15 lombardy poplar stumps.

In fact I lost the felling quote too...

I priced at €2.5 cm including removing the arisings.

My quote was €1480 or £1200 and the chosen quote €700 or £580

I measured each tree half way between stump and trunk before quoting then went back when I lost the job, jumped over the wall, remeasured again to make sure I was on track.

How the French Connection U.K could I be so wrong...?

I'll tell you what I think...

The quote went to a big firm who charges out by the day.

€350 is what I look to take MINIMUM for my machine but the serious amount of arisings that 15 garden poplars will create...

I lost the felling by €800 the winning quote being 2k.

I think I am perhaps pricing big jobs like my quite profitable small jobs.

Just feeling a bit lost... I hate to think I'm expensive when I believe I am good value..m

Ty

Hello, just recycling this thread...

I have just lost a job on grinding 15 lombardy poplar stumps.

In fact I lost the felling quote too...

I priced at €2.5 cm including removing the arisings.

My quote was €1480 or £1200 and the chosen quote €700 or £580

I measured each tree half way between stump and trunk before quoting then went back when I lost the job, jumped over the wall, remeasured again to make sure I was on track.

How the French Connection U.K could I be so wrong...?

I'll tell you what I think...

The quote went to a big firm who charges out by the day.

€350 is what I look to take MINIMUM for my machine but the serious amount of arisings that 15 garden poplars will create...

I lost the felling by €800 the winning quote being 2k.

I think I am perhaps pricing big jobs like my quite profitable small jobs.

Just feeling a bit lost... I hate to think I'm expensive when I believe I am good value..m

Ty

what size machine would you have used? and how many days?

• 4 weeks later...