Tattoos!!

mikedrums69

I loved tattoos but now at 46 wish I didnt have them.

I reckon if you want them, keep them where you can hide them I reckon neck, face and hand tattoos portray a bad image to many people.

Whether its right or wrong to stereotype matters not, the fact is it happens and tattos will do you no favors in life and it will be later in life when you will need all the "good first impressions " you can muster :thumbup1:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With reference to an individual, who has the right to judge, mock or fear the choice for someone to wear what is historically & culturally marks of respect & tribalism.

But for a collective industry, that is screaming out to seen to be professional in knowledge, output & appearance, then keeping them out of sight is IMO the right thing to do.

Never been down the line of tatoos myself, so possibly see this from an outsiders view point, but I know loads of forty-somethings that rue the very day they didn't think of & evaluate what their other future ahead of them, may actually hold for them and theirs.

my two peneth :001_smile:

Ive got a few, both calves, inside forearm, chest, shoulder blade and top of arm. Im over 40 and the only thing that has changed is that I will not let someone with a machine tattoo me now. The first four were handpicked by Adam Sage at Into You in Brighton.

The major point is that they can all be covered up, clients do perceive (often wrongly) tattooed people as being "different" Personally I would stay away from hands and neck, but its not my body and I would never dictate to another person what they should or should not have on their body.

its not my thing and if i am being honest i dont like the look, now whether or not my customers want to get to know my workers better or not, it could be too late, blame the TV blame stereo types blame what ever, some will get on there high horse about human rights, i am all for that but if it has the chance of affecting my mortgage payments and looking after my family then its a no no, i dont like smokers either on my work sites, i pay the wages, i take the flack and the credit so its my rules.

Yep I have got loads of them and a I am a girl too. arms, legs , back and they are growing by the year but not my hands and face. I will not be going there with them .

In Tree work I have had no problems so far I sometimes get some intesting looks and smiles when my little jumper comes flying off for the start of the day and they are all reveled underneath.

In other industries I have worked I have had a few problmes . One place I was working they wanted me to were long sleeves . but when I saw the other men with tats wereing short sleeves I not a chance as If I was going to have to have long sleeves then so will the chaps too that have tats.

The rule was never changed and my short sleeves stayed short.

Littletree:thumbup: