Vermeer 625i

jimmy

have you seen 1 that your thinking of buying? ive had 1 for nearly 3 years. 2001 model. and ive been happy with it. they are very well built,(think the saying is overbuilt) as the are american machines. Its never broken down on me yet. Like all machinery if you take care of it, it will work well. I change/sharpen blades every 50 hrs and same for filters. grease point every week. never let it get low on diesel (learnt the hard way on that). The bad point is is heavier than timberwolfs. but i think theres a timberwolf thread or 2on the site so read up on there faults also. Also as matty says with the wheelbase get 1 that has the wheels outside not under the body of the chipper as these 1s or more stable.

Im looking into one that seems very reasonal but have heard nothing about them I worked in Australia for over a year and Vermeers were all we used but much bigger machines 20" plus very different bits of kit. Do you know how heavy there are? easy to manoeuvre by hand?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are brilliant machines. They are VERY easy to work on, VERY overengineered, EVERYTHING is easy to acces and very simple, and bearings......I havent changed mine in 8 years and i abuse the machine.......They are massive bearings. One of the best chipper makes on the market. You wont be disappointed.

They are brilliant machines. They are VERY easy to work on, VERY overengineered, EVERYTHING is easy to acces and very simple, and bearings......I havent changed mine in 8 years and i abuse the machine.......They are massive bearings. One of the best chipper makes on the market. You wont be disappointed.

yes maybe but there out put is cr@p,a timber wolf or green mech could have double the out put and the hatz deisals are over engineered and do blow up and are costly to replace...your not running a hatz because yours did tom?? I would give up the will to live rather than use one of these machines again... A good chipper isworth more than a decent truck IMO so spend your money wisely

Well I have one now and yes I have just had to replace the engine (Kohler petrol) but it does go like the clappers. not much to go wrong with them, can be difficult getting conifer through but thats what a chainsaw is for!!!!

New engine was £1280 (fitted by myself, very easy) warranted for 3 years.

I meant to ask you on the other thread, where did you buy the engine from because that does seem like a good price.:thumbup1:

• 4 weeks later...