Arb Arisings

renewablejohn

Looking to set up a CO OP or community of tree surgeons initially within a 25 mile radius of Bolton to process your Arb waste by torrefication and convert it into torrefied briquettes and torrefied pellets. The idea is similar to contract haymaking whereby a proportion of the hay is retained by the contractor as payment for his services.

Could this work or am I missing something.

Edited by John Shutler

I would retitle the thread as "Arb Arisings" I do not produce waste in the course of my tree surgery activities only a usable by product :001_smile:

Fair point Dean but I was trying to point out that it would no longer be waste as a commercial product would be produced from the arisings

Can a moderator change the title

Edited by renewablejohn

Im not too far from Bolton mate, Ive got a few places locally were i can tip off, Some pay some dont, So if im ever working over your way id glady tip off at your place :thumbup1:

I dont think it would be a very regular thing tho.

The only trouble I see is getting a dozen or so arbs to come together on such a project, around here they can barely raise a hand to one another when driving along, let alone form a cooperative..

This is my biggest fear. Funding is available in the North West for my torrefication process however to qualify I need a community of tree surgeons willing to provide the raw material. If I was in France we would not have a problem as it is normal to operate coops particularly in the wine industry. Here such arrangements are treated with suspicion.

One of the reasons we held getogethers round here John was to do away with the "look the other way and dont wave " mentality

As a result, the more social arbs around here bounce work of each other and help each other out, share tip sites the lot, it works very well

There is still the odd ignoramus but it is their loss, they dont realise how much they are cutting their own throats

Could this be extended throughout the North West perhaps to become an over arching co-operative do you think? I have neither the means or the time to contribute [+ I live just outside the 25 mile catchment] just now but it is a fine principle. I feel a lot of time, money and tears is lost in Arb due to this "suspicion" of which you speak.

The whole industry would benefit from behaving collectively like a set of skilled craftspeople/consultants on every side of arb life.