Haix boots good or bad

Tim Williams

I have had numerous different makes and models of boots - currently wearing Haix Trekker Mountains. My question is how long do your boots last before the sole starts to come away from the upper. I look after my boots and in my current role i do not climb or cut just walk about (a lot) and survey trees. I never seem to get more than 12 months out of a pair before the sole begins to come away at the toe. These boots are not cheap and although they are really comfy and good to work in i feel this is pretty poor. I know many lads that i have worked with have the same problem. Some haix boots used to have a Vibram sole which could be replaced but all the new ones don't have replaceable soles. The leather however is really hard wearing.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had numerous different makes and models of boots - currently wearing Haix Trekker Mountains. My question is how long do your boots last before the sole starts to come away from the upper. I look after my boots and in my current role i do not climb or cut just walk about (a lot) and survey trees. I never seem to get more than 12 months out of a pair before the sole begins to come away at the toe. These boots are not cheap and although they are really comfy and good to work in i feel this is pretty poor. I know many lads that i have worked with have the same problem. Some haix boots used to have a Vibram sole which could be replaced but all the new ones don't have replaceable soles. The leather however is really hard wearing.

The Haix boots have not changed, the ones with the Vibram sole are the Tibet forest.:001_smile:

Hope this helps.

Cheers jonesie. I might try them next although i like the shorter cut of the trekker mountains. If i could justify the cost though i wouldn't mind trying a pair of the Klima Air Tirrol Fighters. I love the look of them and they look like they'd last forever with care and resoling

We've used haix for the last four years and the last 18 months have been quite poor with several pairs falling apart from the sole. Typically you should get a years warranty with workwear, but you'll get no joy from haix. We have just gone over to Lavoro 'sherwood' and our supplier has told us he's that confident in the quality he'll give us a years warranty. And they are cheaper.

Had haix for years- protector pros- 2 pairs in the last 4 years, and the second pair are still going strong. There is a small amount of the side of the sole that is coming away from the boot, but nothing to worry about and it doesnt seem to have compromised waterproofness etc.

Steve- salomons are ace walking boots. I have had a few pairs and cant fault them.