SIP progress climbing trousers?

alpamayo

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have the strech air at the mo, but will try these if lighter than them this summer.

Streach air have & do last well. I wouldn't bother with stihll trousers as they seem to fall to bits as soon as a twig rips em a little. Sure you prob know all this alraedy though..

Are they a looser fit than the sip ultra fit?

Well I doubt they could be any tighter since they are like cling film!!

No where near as close as the suction fit drainpipes! The Progress have a four-way stretch material, making them very comfy.

I'm looking for a new pair of trousers. Currently wearing Stretch Air type Cs, though I got them in medium and they don't quite fit - I'm a lot skinnier than I thought!

Anyway, I got Stretch Airs cos they do a longer leg size - does anyone know if these SIPs come in a long leg? Have worn the Stihl Hi-flex before and found them rather flimsy and poor fitting for my lanky legs.

I'm looking for a new pair of trousers. Currently wearing Stretch Air type Cs, though I got them in medium and they don't quite fit - I'm a lot skinnier than I thought!

Anyway, I got Stretch Airs cos they do a longer leg size - does anyone know if these SIPs come in a long leg? Have worn the Stihl Hi-flex before and found them rather flimsy and poor fitting for my lanky legs.

Inside leg length of the SIP Progress is 85cm, which is 2cm shorter than the StretchAir longer length trousers. Infact, our 'model' that we used for the Progress photo in our webshop is 6ft 2in tall and as you can see from the photo, there is a bit of length left in them over his boots.

Thanks for all the input, great info. Are the class c chainsaw protected and class a without protection? Looking for the progress without the chainsaw protection.

jp

The non protective trousers are really nice!! There quite a long fit,i usually have the long leg in the strecth airs but the S.I.P's fit bang on!!

The only problem ive got with them is the pockets are a really strange shape and you cant put your hands in right:sneaky2:

Would deffinatley recommened them:thumbup1:

i have used the sips just recently and have a mixed review of them, they didnt fit me very well and they were a weird feel and also i agree with the pocket statement.

i have used the francital ones for a year in aus and thought they were excellent much better than my previous strech airs, i would go francital every time they take a few wears to make them fit well but after that they are comfy and cool and are nice to climb in i did days in 40deg heat and had no issues.