2010 Arborist Tree Challenge Climbing Comp

ArbjobsNick

I (Arbjobs.com) am Sponsoring the Arborist Tree Challenge at this years AA Arb show http://trees.org.uk 11th & 12th June.

Based on a simple (well fairly simple) work climb you can enter one of the four categories of climbers for only £10 Novice, Expert, Premier and Veteran (Over 40)

We have some top prizes in each category both F.R.Jones & Son and Honey Brothers have both already offered to donate vouchers for £150 for first prize £100for Second and £50 for third.

Visit Arboricultural Association Arborist Tree Challenge for your entry form and a set of rules.

I would like to thank Paul Searl, Nigel Fagg and Tony Derbyshire for offering to judge the event for us this year.

If you like the sound of this event you may also want to book on to the one in August at the FR Jones & Sons Forest and Arb Show in Kent that climbing event is being co-sponsored by Steve at Arbtalk and myself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

would it be possible to have a bit more info on the flat line station? can it be reached as part of your ascent into the tree before you put in your main anchor or is it an extra point to reach when your up there and ready to go. just can't quite imagine it, thanks!

The flatline station will only be used by the Premier climbers at a point level or just above the standard anchor point, premier climbers will need to install a higher anchor or redirect to reach it safely they will not be allowed to flat line for safetly reasons. The additional difficulties in reaching this target is part of their skills test and will hopefully demonstrate a number of different approaches to the same problem.

You can climb on either or even both days if you wish I am trying to organise some comemorative goodies t shirts thermal mugs etc so I really could do with knowing how many of you want to enter as I don't want to run out of freebies.

Ladders !! LOL unless you are competing in the Premier level you probably wont need them as every other section will be starting from the top of the tree working down. Not sure how we are going to get you all in to the top yet we are still working on that one but I wouldn't worry about bringing your ladders lads.

I hope this helps.

Nick

Edited by ArbjobsNick