conservation areas

burrell_

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbup:Hi. interesting post guys, but can someone please explain to me what La's and LPA stands for please :blushing:

Daniel, apologies...this industry n bl**dy abbreviations/acronyms eh...n I'm worse than anybody.

Skyhuck has already explained what they mean (thanks!) but the relevance is that it's the LPA (Local Plannning Authority) that determine TPO apps/CA nots (theer I go again but I'll guess you've got those) which is not necessarily the LA (Local Authority) altho more often than not they are one and the same.

The main area this differs in in the National Parks, i.e New Forest/Dartmoor etc., where they are also the LPA determining planning matters within the Parks, including TPOs etc., even where a LA boundary encroaches there's...WHAT???!!!

Reet, try this (I'M CONFUSED NOW!)...I worked for Teignbridge District Council previously, our district boundary encroached into Dartmoor National Park, we determined TPO apps etc. upto the boundary and they took over from there on in. There are also one or two other anomalies in the country too but this is the main one.

BOTTOM line if you're working in a National Park then they are the LPA.

I'll leave it at that eh...sorry all!

Paul

The potential probelm with using the 'standard application' form, whihc is often preferred by the LPA, is that whoever registers it often sets a standard TPO 8 week determination date rather than 6 weeks for Conservation Area.

If they're switched on and it works then great if not maybe better to do them in writing...dunno!