Gratitude

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you tell folk its FREE, they take it for FREE. you are now resentfull that nobody has given you anything, .

I dont want anything, thats the point, and if anyone offered I'd say no.

It the fact no-one has even offered in over six years and thats a lot of people taking chip, probably into the hundreds.

The icing on the cake is the fact that I give them something for free and in return they give me their rubbish

I dont want anything, thats the point, and if anyone offered I'd say no.

It the fact no-one has even offered in over six years and thats a lot of people taking chip, probably into the hundreds.

The icing on the cake is the fact that I give them something for free and in return they give me their rubbish

you are like an open book to me deano, the contract between you and the chip folk is this, help yourself its free. so you will attract the brass neck miserable tight gits of society, descent folk would be too embarased to help themselves, these are the folk you want to deal with, so asking for £40 a bag is the filter you want. then you could say in 6 years time, i have a great bunch of chip customers, they pay me for my chip and sometimes i give it to them for nothing, but they wont hear of it anf give me a bottle of grouse at chrimbo.:thumbup1:not everyone thinks like you dean, which is a shame mate:thumbdown::biggrin:

Dean, as a suggestion, is it worth sticking up a notice at the old chip heap when you move saying

"Due to a change in circumstances, the free woodchip is no longer available from this site. However, if you do require me to deliver chip to you in the future, call This Mob No, and for a small donation to charity, i will deliver it to your door"

You will probably end up with a handful of people who will take any amount any time that pleases you and it will keep beedy eyes out of the yard also.

I dare say some of your customers in the past have turned up for the free woodchip and gone for a ride further down the lane and found some free firewood too!

Dean, as a suggestion, is it worth sticking up a notice at the old chip heap when you move saying

"Due to a change in circumstances, the free woodchip is no longer available from this site. However, if you do require me to deliver chip to you in the future, call This Mob No, and for a small donation to charity, i will deliver it to your door"

You will probably end up with a handful of people who will take any amount any time that pleases you and it will keep beedy eyes out of the yard also.

I dare say some of your customers in the past have turned up for the free woodchip and gone for a ride further down the lane and found some free firewood too!

I dare say your right Pete

The problem is delivery of chip is not worth it unless I am pulling in £60 an hour, if you did one load an hour they are still getting cheap chip and you are covering your overheads and getting a wage.

The only way I could do it for charity is to add onto the top of that delivered