Aspen Alkylate 2t fuel?

Danavan

As far as tuning goes you might have to re-tune the saw when you start using aspen 2t in your saws and for the lean part i have two woodsported saws a 372xpgw and 346xpg both running apsen premix and they both look like new in the cyl/pis !!

Tune your saws as a normal aspen is just allot cleaner then regular gas thats why it smells less and brun clean in your engine :)

It's only one problem with it and that is the cost ,,, cost a bunch here in Sweden too :thumbdown:

I had probs with my saw tuning when using it a few yr ago & put it down to its claener burn.

I would like to run all my saws on this perminantly so a little fine tweak is no prob.

As for the cost I hope to factor this in on an extra £5 or so a day dependant on the job along with promotion of a more eco friendly oil & fuel opperation.

Maybe with more of us using this fuel the cost may come down a little for us all! Although I think this may be a little blinkerd thought:001_rolleyes:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the fact there is only one importer now means prices will only go up as they did when aao took over sole supply

Shame that is the way the future looks:thumbdown:

Husky had a bit to do with it a few yr ago, I guess they saw no profit margin for the imput so pulled out. Never know someone may like to get involved again apart from aao? I hope!

Not tried it but i'd like to. I remember reading in EssentialArb that Decorum Council, which is just down the road from me use it in all their machinery. Not just for the health but it saved them a fortune in repairs due to poor fuel mixes and carb settings.

I had probs with my saw tuning when using it a few yr ago & put it down to its claener burn.

I would like to run all my saws on this perminantly so a little fine tweak is no prob.

As for the cost I hope to factor this in on an extra £5 or so a day dependant on the job along with promotion of a more eco friendly oil & fuel opperation.

Maybe with more of us using this fuel the cost may come down a little for us all! Although I think this may be a little blinkerd thought:001_rolleyes:

I would think it more than justifiable on the sort of work you do dnavan, I wanted to use it too and would in ecology but my boss wont wear it, cant blame him really.

As for the "bio" petrols, it doesn't really matter which brand you use, Aspen 2T or Stihl's equivalent (or any of the other brands available).

They are all so called "Alkylate" petrol, which is a cleaner variant of petrol with much less (about 1%) environmental pollutants, e.g. Benzene, which is a health hazard. It has a number of other advantages too. The pre-mix (two-stroke) variants can be stored for extended periods in the saw, without separating.

I find, that whenever I am forced to use normal petrol-oil mix (or I work close to someone who does) for a whole day, i get nausea. This doesn't happen to me when using Aspen 2T.

For a detailed technical description of Alkylate, refer to Alkylate - Aspen

I once had bezine poisoning and it hurts! i manged to not put on my filler cap fully, on climbing it emptied its contents all over my balistics. I worked all day, driving home we could smell it, it wreaked, i had expected it to evaporate quickly as petrol does. 14 layers of kevlar acted like a wick exposing my skin to it for a long time. I got a headache and felt dizzy and the next day my kidneys felt like they had been rabbit punched.

So if this ever happens to you, get them trousers off and dont put up with it all day, it aint worth it.

I've been using it for more then 10 years! I dont compromose on HEALTH or safety! I'm not going to end up in hospital with cancer with the words "Well I saved a few quid!" ringing in my head. Come on you imortals, why dont you spend some money towads long term health?:001_rolleyes::001_smile:

Ditto to Swe#kipp it aint cheap, but thn who is? Use it as a sell in to me its an environmental issue, my safety and the customers kids we're talking about....

I would think it more than justifiable on the sort of work you do dnavan, I wanted to use it too and would in ecology but my boss wont wear it, cant blame him really.

This is my thought to. I would love to use it all the time I just need to find a place to store it in quantity as it is avalablale in 5ltr plastic cans or 200ltr drums.

Can,t blame your boss for not wanting to use this regulury, I have found it a prob talking anyone into using it. The cost in a tight margin bussines is defo a big one.

I would use it only on eco sensitive wrk alone in the 5ltr cans but I have try this befor & found probs with engien run prob due to it's cleaner burn.

I've been using it for more then 10 years! I dont compromose on HEALTH or safety! I'm not going to end up in hospital with cancer with the words "Well I saved a few quid!" ringing in my head. Come on you imortals, why dont you spend some money towads long term health?:001_rolleyes::001_smile:

Ditto to Swe#kipp it aint cheap, but thn who is? Use it as a sell in to me its an environmental issue, my safety and the customers kids we're talking about....

As I worked out on an aveage day I would need to put another £5 0r £6 on the day to cover the extra cost of it. Not a bad price for a better wrk enviroment imo.

The selling the extra price to cliants on the enviromental tac I would hope dose it.