Aspen Alkylate 2t fuel?

Danavan

Been using it for 4 years now and would not go back (and never thought of going back).

I really don't understand the price thing at all - as you have already said just add on £5-00 to your prices to allow for this and include it in your advertising. Once you've got over buying and sorting out storage for the first job lot that's the hard bit.

The main thing with Aspen IMO is to commit to it. If you buy 5 or 15 litres at a time you'll pay through the nose. Also you'll be halfway through a job and run out... Buy in 300 litres you get free delivery and a much cheaper price.

I've never had a problem with supply :confused1: - they have a huge storage on an airfield somewhere. It's always available and takes 2 days to be delivered.

The 200l drums of it don't really work out much cheaper at all than the 5l containers.

As for COSH regs aaoil were selling a container to keep your fuel in for £108-00 + vat. Free delivery if you had a bumper load of fuel.

And finally they now have a no spill cap you can attach straight to the can - I'll put a pic of this up. It used to peeve me that you had to transfer the fuel into a no spill can all the time....

So yes it's expensive but you're chainsaws will always have an exact 50:1 mix, will perform better and last longer. + you're not messing about with mixing fuel anymore. But mainly you don't get the headaches and nausea you get with normal fuel.

:biggrin:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been using it for 4 years now and would not go back (and never thought of going back).

I really don't understand the price thing at all - as you have already said just add on £5-00 to your prices to allow for this and include it in your advertising. Once you've got over buying and sorting out storage for the first job lot that's the hard bit.

The main thing with Aspen IMO is to commit to it. If you buy 5 or 15 litres at a time you'll pay through the nose. Also you'll be halfway through a job and run out... Buy in 300 litres you get free delivery and a much cheaper price.

I've never had a problem with supply :confused1: - they have a huge storage on an airfield somewhere. It's always available and takes 2 days to be delivered.

The 200l drums of it don't really work out much cheaper at all than the 5l containers.

As for COSH regs aaoil were selling a container to keep your fuel in for £108-00 + vat. Free delivery if you had a bumper load of fuel.

And finally they now have a no spill cap you can attach straight to the can - I'll put a pic of this up. It used to peeve me that you had to transfer the fuel into a no spill can all the time....

So yes it's expensive but you're chainsaws will always have an exact 50:1 mix, will perform better and last longer. + you're not messing about with mixing fuel anymore. But mainly you don't get the headaches and nausea you get with normal fuel.

:biggrin:

Thanks for the info. The cost not a prob to me it's just storage. As I am a sub contract climber I get about a bit. I have a place in mind to aproch with the storage issue though, fingers crossed..

The full commit to it's use is what I want to do.

Where do you get the 300ltr bulk buy & storage container? aaco direct? could only find the 200ltr on their site:confused1:

Thanks for the info. The cost not a prob to me it's just storage. As I am a sub contract climber I get about a bit. I have a place in mind to aproch with the storage issue though, fingers crossed..

The full commit to it's use is what I want to do.

Where do you get the 300ltr bulk buy & storage container? aaco direct? could only find the 200ltr on their site:confused1:

For a bulk order just go direct to aaoil.

If you contact Jon (hope he won't mind me putting his details up!) - say you'd like a minimum order of Aspen to get free shipping. Also they do a bio chain oil with which you can make up your order e.g. say minimum for free shipping was 50 cans 10 of those could be the bio oil. Again I've used this at length and it is an excellent product - had to go back to mineral oil for one job and couldn't believe the stink of it!

Ask him as well for a non spill cap and has he any of the storage units left. Also he will know all about storage issues and what you can and can't do.

Anglo American Oil Company Ltd

Sandford

Wareham

Dorset BH20 7QE

Tel: +44 (0)1929 551557

Mobile: +44 (0)7738 642550

Fax: +44 (0)1929 551567

Email: [email protected]

Jon Walthall

Environmental Sales

For a bulk order just go direct to aaoil.

If you contact Jon (hope he won't mind me putting his details up!) - say you'd like a minimum order of Aspen to get free shipping. Also they do a bio chain oil with which you can make up your order e.g. say minimum for free shipping was 50 cans 10 of those could be the bio oil. Again I've used this at length and it is an excellent product - had to go back to mineral oil for one job and couldn't believe the stink of it!

Ask him as well for a non spill cap and has he any of the storage units left. Also he will know all about storage issues and what you can and can't do.

Anglo American Oil Company Ltd

Sandford

Wareham

Dorset BH20 7QE

Tel: +44 (0)1929 551557

Mobile: +44 (0)7738 642550

Fax: +44 (0)1929 551567

Email: [email protected]

Jon Walthall

Environmental Sales

:thumbup: Thanks Rob, top bannana:thumbup1:

• 2 months later...
I think it comes down to the refining prosses bing alot more involved than reg fuel.

Not sure on weather the govrnment have their claws in on it yet!?

Sure they will though if it becomes a big player in fueling our industry:sneaky2:

Every litre of Aspen has fuel duty of 57p, but we are working to get this reduced as is the case in the rest of Europe.