loler

Ben Ballard

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought car insurance becomes invalid if car hasn't got an mot?

You won't be covered yourself but the third party should be? Or am I wrong again?

You would still get prosecuted though, so its not all fine and dandy to have insurance and no mot.

may be if hse paid places more visits there would me no need for a lot of the checks as people would make sure they on top of things are forestry and arb hse inspections a urban myth i have only had one pay us a visit when was working on street trees years ago and that was only because he was passing and i been working on trees for 15 years,the place i work now has hse check our tractors and farm equipment and some forestry kit but never had one visit that has knowledge on forestry and arb

Could we please have link to some documentation on this case please??

Or is it just another "this if fact, honest":001_rolleyes:

can't publisise the docs unfortunately, The formentioned £350k case actually involved a tree surgeon who had under-declared his last years turnover (quite significantly) but it is all the same thing. Insurers will try to recover their losses is their is legal grounds to do so. They are here to make profit not provide a public service. I've worked with a number of insurance compnies & a couple of tree surgeons facing them when loler was not in place. Loler is not only a legal requirement but it is written into your contract that you must comply.

The cases i worked with where loler was not in place only involved amounts of £8k & £11k and the firms simply paid the insurers the money

There are different types of court orders when persuing money CCJ, BO, AO, LO etc etc and the orders have different restrictions etc. Some allow eviction, some don't some restrict ballifs from seezing 'tools of the trade' some don't but no matter what personal items cannot be seized. Eviction orders are subject to the same sort of conditions as private landlords giving fair notice etc etc.

Beleive it or not most people who are subject to these situations tend not to like to publisise it & many go to great lengths to hide it from their competitors, neighbours, friends and even their families. Whatever they did wrong in the past they did not do so milisiously and deserve our discretion & their anninimity if they so wish.

My last two insurance companies didn't even want to know about NPTC certification, so probably think LOLER is a showgirl.

Is not having LOLER'd kit 'illegal' in the way that using a top handle saw on the ground is 'illegal'? ie not really illegal, in the cops will throw your ass in jail illegal?

These 'laws' need clarification!

can't publisise the docs unfortunately, The formentioned £350k case actually involved a tree surgeon who had under-declared his last years turnover (quite significantly)

Whatever they did wrong in the past they did not do so milisiously and deserve our discretion & their anninimity if they so wish.

Anyone else think that that’s a contradiction?

If you under declare turnover your insurance is cheaper reducing your overheads and giving you an unfair advantage over your competitors.