Kwick chip chipper to replace timberwolf

Shane

Hi folks - I currently have a 1998 Entec 6 inch chipper. It was a chippit 25 but after a blown up engine I fitted a brand new 26hp lombardini diesel some 200 hours ago (air cooled) and it runs fine. Regular servicing of all bits - the odd hydraulic pipe replacement etc.

I have bypassed the stress control (it fried itself) so I listen to the engine revs and have no probs. I've done all the HSE upgrades so all is fine. BUT - I've had to replace (have you guessed yet?) the flywheel bearings. I've had to replace them three times (about every 18 months) and I can stand it no more.

I phoned Timberwolf and was told that all the flywheel bearings should be replaced as a routine maintenance task every 200 hours on the 6 inch machines. That fits in with my experience. Never seen that in their literature about best selling chippers!

I don't really fancy having to 'take it off the road' at such a regular interval so I'm looking for a 750kg 6 inch machine which is more robust.

I've read numerous threads on here and looked at lots of machines. To date I think the Kwik chip euroline 120 seems to fit the bill. It seems very well built and at 800kg it would be possible to lose the necessary weight. Can anyone tell me anything more about the kwik chips - and does anyone have one?

I'll assume nobody would want to do a trade with my timberwolf?

Many thanks - and don't be too hard on me - I'm new to the forum

I don't think they are called kwickchip any more.. I think they are now tunnissen.

Bigger then the machines your talking about I know but..

We have an old Kwickchip 222 (with a new engine) and a TW 190. I think I prefer the kwickchip however it is heavier and makes a lot more mess then the TW. The blades on the 222 are much more difficult to change but twice as big so need changing a lot less. Greasing is easier on the TW.

We have the one of the 10" PTO kwick chip chippers. It's good at its job but if you get something stuck in it, you'll be there for an hours getting it out. The frame it's built on fell in half at some point in its life too. No experence of their road tow stuff though. Don't Jenson do a 750kg chipper now?

Nigel or Ian Fletcher at Fletcher Stewart would give you an honest appraisel of the TS (Tunnisen) range of machinery

GreenMech do a sub 750kg machine with a 34hp turbo Kubota, a 6"x9" gob and the whole lot is on a turntable! Click the link and look at the one-line brochure.