Hamas big reduction/pruning thread!

tony could you explain your post for me please, what do you mean by first flush and what does retrenchment mean, i cant get digging out my head when its used, lol

sorry Stevie, i missed that request earlier! and only replied to the second part, i will sort this shortly, im up to my neck at the mo defending my honor!:001_rolleyes:

from my side of the screen tony this is just a few guys asking questions, it has nothing to do with getting you. A lot of issues are getting raised and covered. relax and dont take it personally. Dean and huck will be in their jammies anyway awaiting to get sent to their bed, thats why you get a surge of posting between 6.30 amd 7. they will be back in an hour once they sneak back down stairs lol

Sorry Tony, I dont agree with your theory.

And dont anyone apologise for not agreeing with me!

I know i am a little defensive and just a WEE bit sensitive to critisim :001_rolleyes:BUT I appreciate EVERYONE who has a view and bothers to have any input, christ if we all agreed all of the time it would be so dull!:thumbup1:

I hope I'm not coming across as arguing Tony, I see us as exchanging opinions :001_smile:

We could both be wrong :laugh1:

Dont be silly, IM NEVER WRONG! lmao, now as Stevie said get your jammies on and we will see you later when you sneak back down!:lol:

But you may be right, maybe an academic will be brave enough to step in and address our ametuerish drivvel.......? fingers crossed:001_huh:

The do recommend, but over haloing can have disastrous effects, hence a number of big veteran oaks at BB demising a couple of years after over exposure.

Bizarely the Beech, thinner bark, survived beter than the Oak :confused1:

maybe thats due to the oak having thicker bark, being i) harder for weak buds to penetrate and ii) poorer light penetration of the old bark plates?

And i would asume over halo'ing would generate too much change in the micro climate too?