Hamas big reduction/pruning thread!

there are a majority of the tree is to growth points. and it was what the customer wanted to do they wanted it lower than this.

its not a reduction, its a round over, marginaly better than what is collectivley known as lopping, it is what it is, as for growth points, come on now:001_rolleyes:

its not a reduction, its a round over, marginaly better than what is collectivley known as lopping, it is what it is, as for growth points, come on now:001_rolleyes:

as i say it was not really what i wanted to do as i would have rather givien the tree more of a 30% crown reduction but as the customer wanted maxium light I was adved by the boss to carry out the work like this. in some cases I have not been doing this very long and with more experience i can make better decisions in future.

not all of the baranches were back to main stems though so not sure. if not as a ratio it was a very heavy crown reduction.

DELUSIONAL, THIS IS NOT REDUCTION.

it is a lop a top a round over, it is going to shock the tree and debilitate it, fortunately it is mid winter and the reserves are out of your reach stored within the roots, had you done this in 2-3 weeks, you would be getting a hammering in here for this!

I am trying to be gentle about it but your under the impression and quite adamant this is a reduction. would have been better in the long run to have just gone for a pollard the proper way.

The tree will survive and indeed thrive, its a sycamore after all, but would you do the same to a birch? a quercus ilex? because the customer wanted it? would you stick your head in the oven also on their request?

this is a 99.99% foliage loss a 50% crown lopping, and will have little shape form or amenity for at least 4-5 years by which time it will be back to where it is now! and the cycle will be repeated?:001_huh:

DELUSIONAL, THIS IS NOT REDUCTION.

it is a lop a top a round over, it is going to shock the tree and debilitate it, fortunately it is mid winter and the reserves are out of your reach stored within the roots, had you done this in 2-3 weeks, you would be getting a hammering in here for this!

I am trying to be gentle about it but your under the impression and quite adamant this is a reduction. would have been better in the long run to have just gone for a pollard the proper way.

The tree will survive and indeed thrive, its a sycamore after all, but would you do the same to a birch? a quercus ilex? because the customer wanted it? would you stick your head in the oven also on their request?

this is a 99.99% foliage loss a 50% crown lopping, and will have little shape form or amenity for at least 4-5 years by which time it will be back to where it is now! and the cycle will be repeated?:001_huh:

thank you for you points hamma and of course i would not do the same to other trees. we have done the marjority of the work in this area and all customers are very proud with the work done and yes im all for doing the best for the trees and this is definattly a exception i apoligise if this is not a reduction but as ive been not beeing doing all this for a very long time determing the difference between managment methods may not always be correct

thank you for you points hamma and of course i would not do the same to other trees. we have done the marjority of the work in this area and all customers are very proud with the work done and yes im all for doing the best for the trees and this is definattly a exception i apoligise if this is not a reduction but as ive been not beeing doing all this for a very long time determing the difference between managment methods may not always be correct

I understand, but it had to be stressed as not the first second but 3x it took to make it understood!:001_smile:

your a local lad, are you doing freelance for keith? this looks his stamp!