Finding work

mikeflip

I did a tree surgery course which finnshed in december and have been looking for a job ever since. I've now set up my own company as no one is willing to give me a chance as I don't have years of experience. Does anyone know of any company's in east sussex that are taking people on? as I'd much rather be working for a company getting quality work experience than working on my own.

why not go on utility work, you will get the cutting experience and any further training required. Brockwells are based just outside heathfield and always recruiting or another to try not utility is glendale also cleartrak. Get the experience first then go alone.

Tommer has a point that on utility work there are a lot of crews with a bad reputation but don't buy into this you can still do a good job and obtain a wide variety of experience especially dealing with targets. And when you come off the lines then targets are easy to deal with.

As much as anyone can reccomend utility and why not from what I hear its better monney but like tommer said you pick up bad habbits and weve had Brockwells in on jobs for us and they leave trees in an awful state to be honest and I can see why geting paid by the meter aparantley so they gota make there monney Im not sure if utility work is for you if you ahvent got the tickets its more to get more monney to pay etc, just hang tight maybe offer some free labour to get in with a firm show em your good enough and the position will come eventualy.

I Dont mean any offence to any utility arb guys here just stating the facts as I know.

I did a tree surgery course which finnshed in december and have been looking for a job ever since. I've now set up my own company as no one is willing to give me a chance as I don't have years of experience. Does anyone know of any company's in east sussex that are taking people on? as I'd much rather be working for a company getting quality work experience than working on my own.

have you tried chaffins ? there always recruiting ,moneys not that great but works work and you get cheap kit through them ? worth a shot