Tachyon rope

Al Duffill

Today my new rope arrived, I ordered Blaze and got Tachyon, but hey, turns out a blessing in disguise (is Blaze similar to Tachyon?). It's the first time i've used 11mm rope and am really impressed by it. Its so light that it doesn't pull (you down) when at height, as my 13mm rope does. I ascended 20m on it and it really performed well, this was was with a Petzl hand ascender with leg loop attatched and Blakes hitch. Yeah, its new (to me) and I know alot of you use it already, but would deffo recommend it if you fancy a change. I have a Hitchclimber and cord for a VT, so I will encorporate that soon and will be flying! We're reducing a huge Pop at the mo (at least 25m tall and spans 5 gardens!) and needed a longer rope, asap, which is where the Tachyon comes in. Will post pics when its done. Any input on this rope, pos or neg, welcome.

ive had my tachyon for about 6ish months and its getting better and better,small in length vt,s will constantly cause the tachyon to coil which is very annoying but i found when i lenghtened (if thats a word ) my vt,problem solved but only use it for nice climbs and as said before its not the toughest rope like blaze and can fluff up and the individual strands can get nicked easily,in my opinion,but yes a very good rope,enjoy

probably my favourite rope untill it gets wet then it makes me swear a lot and i hate it as its near on impossible to get any grip with once it gets greased up with alge and soaked! so i will climb with a pantin but its a lot easyer to switch back to some yale scorch...On a whole i climb on 11mm lines during the summer but its nice to have the grip of thicker lines in winter!