rules on transporting saws and fuel

Stephen Blair

This is heart breaking. I left an industry utterly bogged down in H&S and my health was on the brink because of it. What next? Lunch box must be clamped to a certain torque to prevent peanut butter smell drift to peanut allergy sufferer. Just line me up and shoot me.

:congrats:

Whilst respecting others, right to do as they think fit. I.E go for AAC if they wish.

I have to agree with you. I'm losing the will to live reading all these H&S threads.

once on site its gotta be on a lockable bund or kept in vehicle,

You sure about that?

I thought that as long as it was away from fires (10 metres i think) and in a suitable container ie fuel can/combi can then it was fine:confused1:

Ours is just in a husky combi and goes where ever theres room to fit:thumbup1:

Same as for the saws.

I know its of no help to you though, sry.

If its got to be locked up then who's responsible for the key? And should that key also be locked up also:sneaky2:

You sure about that?

I thought that as long as it was away from fires (10 metres i think) and in a suitable container ie fuel can/combi can then it was fine:confused1:

Ours is just in a husky combi and goes where ever theres room to fit:thumbup1:

Same as for the saws.

I know its of no help to you though, sry.

If its got to be locked up then who's responsible for the key? And should that key also be locked up also:sneaky2:

was told on nptc courses it can be on site in containers in shade etc away from workers, but at college doing foundation degree they told us its either in vehicle (mines in chipper hopper in builders bucket) or on lockable bund, of course i was probably half asleep and not listening at the time.. not sure where they got info from either.. so might be duff info,Ed:001_smile:

was told on nptc courses it can be on site in containers in shade etc away from workers, but at college doing foundation degree they told us its either in vehicle (mines in chipper hopper in builders bucket) or on lockable bund, of course i was probably half asleep and not listening at the time.. not sure where they got info from either.. so might be duff info,Ed:001_smile:

you can have your combi can in a "fuelling up area" picked like you say in shade etc - more than this in forestry kept in a bunded secure tank where all fuels are kept, derv etc, and has a seperate compartment for all the oils and mixes and petrol.

refill fuel in tree work, keep in truck in an approved jerry can.