Chain oil

andy 1991

Used engine oil is about the worst thing you could ever use, for you (its highly carcinogenic) your machine(its full of minute filings of metal that prematurely wear moving parts) and the environment.......I like veg oil as it runs freely, and the chain seems to run better too. I cant describe it very well, but i think i prefer it to bar oil TBH.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we use rock oil and have found it to be really good, i was using stihl oils but to be honest im not paying that much money just because the drum has Stihl plastered all over it , my only word of advice is if your looking to make a saving then buy it by the barrel not by the drum , i got a price and it worked out to be roughly two thirds the cost of buyin 25 litre drums

Used engine oil is about the worst thing you could ever use, for you (its highly carcinogenic) your machine(its full of minute filings of metal that prematurely wear moving parts) and the environment.......I like veg oil as it runs freely, and the chain seems to run better too. I cant describe it very well, but i think i prefer it to bar oil TBH.

granddads been using it for most of his life i guess, and his health is fine, and all the saws he runs are fine, even the old ones, not saying im going to use it every day, just talking about the way the old timers do it ahaha

welllllll. as i am a trucker some of my working week i tend to accumulate the odd container of truck oil every now and then. its a bit thicker then your standard motor oil.

i have only used 1 litre of proper chain oil in 8 years and to be honest it seemed to do the same job. it still flings off etc etc its just a bit stickier.

also used engine oil works fine for me, i dont handle it or drink the stuff so im sure i will be fine :001_tt2:

i dont know about yours but my saws are 2 strokes and i smell the burned oil all day :001_smile:

:confused1:So its better to inhale more than you need too:confused1:

Many are changing to Aspen fuel, so as to reduce the toxin levels of the exhaust emissions.

But hay its your health not mine, breath in all the toxins you wish :001_smile: