Rigging Kit

RobRainford

not telling you what to buy, buy what you need

i think you should wait until you do your course then you will know what to buy

I think your original plan is fine (but with a 16mm block). If you go to 16mm rope then you will need more than a figure 8 to lower off, so you are entering a different area altogether.

Stay well with the SWL of the rope that you get and you will be fine.

But I also agree that you could wait till the course and learn more about it properly then. Arbtalk is for good for oppinions and ideas but you need to listen to what the instructors say to pass the course, after that you can work more things out for yourself.

ill keep all of this in mind, but i would let any moths out my wallet unless i had my rigging ticket done, and ill probably ask similar questions like these again after they start to make even more sense.

Im learning a lot from this place

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My final thought is this.........

Its surely no coincidence that neither honey brothers nor treeworker stock the 13mm version of the small ISC block, and that I've never seen one!??

It does exist, but for regular use a 16mm pulley with a 13mm rope is fine!!

Peter,

I have looked on the Samson website and agree that the instructions for splicing a whoopie sling are simple. However, it uses 'Fid' as a unit of measure, what does this refer to (i have never accross this beofre)?

I assume it is related to diameter but am not sure.

Cheers