Yellow Pages just been delivered .

White Noise

Well as I said the YP has just been delivered to my mother . This is the South Cheshire Directory . I drove past and popped in and had a read . Whats all this loads of new firms . You tend to see a lot of people start this game thinking easy money and only last a yr or two as its hard . Not only mentally but physically . I,m amazed at the increase in the Tree work section this year . If your in this game you nearly always know all the other surgeons close to home and further a field . Some of these new companys Ive never heard of . Sounds like its going to be a cut throat year :001_rolleyes::lol:

Most people who need an arborist in the long term will aske their peers for recomendations. YP only covers the one off, price shopper. IMO.

Spot on. I quit YPs 2 years ago. If you are unsure if any form of advertising is working properly or not test it for 2 months. Track every call and every call that turns into a job. I was ashamed when I finally did it to realise that I was throwing 3.5K out the window every year.

I love Google!

I did a straw poll a couple of years ago when I asked all my customers ( for 2 months) where they found my number.. and only 2 in 2 months found me from the YP.. and looking into it, they are no the sort of clients you want!

I think I'm saving 13k a year from not advertising in YP of Thompkins ( or what ever their called)