First Aid Certificates & Kit Carried

mpb

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My current first aid cert is due to expire in the next couple of months & I was wondering what you course/qualifications you have.

Also what kits do you carry on your trucks. Ive looked at the pre-made kits in the green boxes & the seem pants. Ive had a kit made up by a Paramedic mate, thats got everything I should ever need in the back of my Defender.

Cheers Martin

I have 4 day and carry basic kit on harness plus 4man kit in van, though I am now a loan worker (the delights of been a pen pusher) we also used to keep a list of any allergies, special requirements for each emloyee.

we also used to keep a list of any allergies, special requirements for each emloyee.

Thats a very good idea, there are so many people out there with allergies these days. These include recations to medication as well as plasters etc.

I've recently done the ABC chainsaw 1st aid course, yep it knocks the socks off the usual 4 day first aid at work courses, only one better I've done is BASP (british assoc. of ski patrollers), excellent for remote working, keeping them alive long term and dealing with the reality of being in the back of beyond when it goes bang. Carry big ambulance dressings and a cloth triangular bandage on me, back up box in the pick up with more of same, big pot of eyewash, cling film, eleccy tape etc.

Yet find a bought kit that covers it all without being the size of a house!:thumbsdown:

I've got a really nice old first aid tin I car booted :proud:. The usual sticky plasters and minor injury bits, plus plenty of sticky and non-sticky dressings, steri-strips, a load of eyewash pods (you crack the tops off them like the one-shot 2 stroke oil pods), a couple of burns specific cooling gel pads, rolls of micropore tape, scissors, a big military field dressing (another vote for them- very very good).

If you want a good basic kit for big, nasty injuries including a foil blanket then get a "Tractor Kit" from Mole Valley Farmers- therTractor kit Rubbish contents like most commercial boxes, but good to see a bit of thought towards messy accidents.

EDIT: This firm Frank Sammeroff manufacture the Army field dressing....