Right or wrong

Peter-k

Hi Peter-k

My thoughts are this - 

1. It's your work site. You are the primary contractor and primarily responsible for health and safety of everyone and anyone on your site. This includes any rando's that wander up and start cutting or trying to help without permission. If there was a chance of people outside your work party accessing your site and getting involved then there should have been some sort of barrier or cordon to keep them out. Failing that, work should've immediately stopped and the issue addressed. If anyone got hurt the responsibility would be solely on your shoulders. How would the conversation had gone down if the FiL had got seriously injured? What would have been the outcome to you, your reputation, your relationship with your client, and your business? 

2. You were absolutely right to admonish the FiL, but you should've probably done so sooner. 

3. Be mindful of treating friends, family or extended family any differently to regular customers. Be professional in all business matters, or you may find yourself being taken advantage of, one way or the other. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Peter-k said:

I did tell him to f-off that the thing. Asked him twice to move away third time I lost it.

This is what made me loose the plot as you can see from the photo 

and yes they are a pair of Chelsea  boots he wearing  using a 661 with a 36” bar 

IMG_4493.jpeg

I’m still not understand how you allow that to happen ,just tell him to f..off or smack boll…ks with the stick , it is better than this moron bleed to the death and you spend couple years behind bars .

On 15/07/2024 at 18:37, Con said:

If it wasn't for the photographi evidence, i was wondering whether the thread was a wind up. Can I borrow this pic for my next health and safety seminar? 

Peter, I hope you've learnt something here. It might be hard if your father in law dominates most things, but that's your site. I'm sure you'd be horrified if the next old fella your working for picks up the big saw and fires it up. Its no different really.

Hi Con 

he is no relation to me at all. I was doing a job for my mate.. 

yes take the photo and use it. 

Lesson learnt on this one anyway. But look everyday a school day. 

• Like 4