Need assistance with identifying this saw

Ryan625

Hi, I've recently bought a saw that has a ms240 starter recoil and ms260 chain brake need some assistance with identifying which one it is, thank you in advance 

Serial Numbers:

Screenshot_20240708_164843_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20240708_164911_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20240708_164932_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20240708_165000_eBay.jpg

20240708_165056.jpg

20240708_165450.jpg

I'm thinking its a bitsa . Maybe a 240 with perhaps a 260 air filter housing . I just googled images of both and they look similar in isolation . However it looks like the air filter housing on yours is slightly taller giving a miss match to the cylinder cover . I'm a Husqvarna man so only a guess . 

The crankcase is pre 2000 as it has the screw in oil and fuel caps, the top cover is off a later 2000 model as it has the hump in the middle, pre 2000 were flat, the chain brake is off a 2008 260C, the recoil cover is off a later 2000 on MS240, earlier ones had just a rectangle stihl badge on them, the clutch / chain side cover is a chinesium aftermarket. Stubby’s “bitsa” quote nails it, the exhaust looks like an aftermarket too, hard to tell cylinder wise as can’t see any markings on it but suspect that is aftermarket too. The serial number will reveal all if someone has access to the database.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Ryan625 said:

What other photos would help? 

I think you have to accept its a " bitsa " from everybody's comments . Does not mean it won't work though .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ratman said:

It would originally of been a 024 or 026 model, can you see any numbers on the side of the cylinder? Look on the crackcase halves too, there’ll be a stihl part number too.