New dog time

eggsarascal

I’ve decided I’m getting another dog. I’ve had numerous spaniels before but I’m looking for a change, maybe a terrier, or a whippet, something I can work, or run occasionally. I have limited living space but walk many miles most days, your thoughts? 

Whippet would suit you down to the ground. Short hair, usually the fastest thing out there, will just get back under the covers if it's raining. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roboted said:

Jack Russell. 

Loyal, affectionate and mad as a bag of frogs !

It’s mad as a box of frogs I don’t want, if I did I’d get another spaniel. I want something laidback. You 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, AHPP said:

Whippet would suit you down to the ground. Short hair, usually the fastest thing out there, will just get back under the covers if it's raining. 

I’d have a whippet in a heartbeat, do you know of any available? 

Hi @eggsarascal

Had whippets for 20+ years. An entirely suitable dog as said.   That said, when I'm going to replace my aging pair I'd be looking at a lurcher. Whippet cross bedlington , jack or collie. Yes a bit hairy, but cheaper than whippets.
Price of purebred has gone bonkers since lockdown.  Unless you get lucky....in which case please give me a shout. After a nice whippet bitch to add to the pack!

Another vote for whippets for your situation, great wee dogs, love a bit of exercise and they also love chilling in the house, my brickie mate has two of them and I am impressed.

i have a Vizsa, that’s not the dog for you,  absolutely mental until the age of two then they become a lot more laid back as long as they get their daily walk and run about, mine gets at least a couple of hours every day and she is 15 now.

Good luck in getting your new mans best friend.

3 minutes ago, Bob_z_l said:

Hi @eggsarascal

Had whippets for 20+ years. An entirely suitable dog as said.   That said, when I'm going to replace my aging pair I'd be looking at a lurcher. Whippet cross bedlington , jack or collie. Yes a bit hairy, but cheaper than whippets.
Price of purebred has gone bonkers since lockdown.  Unless you get lucky....in which case please give me a shout. After a nice whippet bitch to add to the pack!

Although I’ve always admired Lurchers I don’t want a bigger dog, I’m told there are some Whippets due on a traveller camp in Kidderminster shortly, I’ll go for a look-see with caution, I don’t know the folk. 

34 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I’d have a whippet in a heartbeat, do you know of any available? 

My mate's was reasonably priced but ages ago. Also an excellent dog. I'll make enquiries. 

Edited by AHPP
  • Like 2