Job

corey Bailey

7 minutes ago, Botty Cough said:

Yeah I'm all for fun**ING around and enjoying what's a tough job and has it's shit days but you do have to prove some sort of longevity with regards to employment.

We all start at the bottom, be it shopping trolleys at the co-op or dragging brash to the chipper.

It's all learning and showing you have something between your ears, 21 is literally half my lifetime ago!.

• Like 1

Definitely explore every route you can.

I’ve worked with some very decent council lads, and some utterly idle cretins who spent more time coming up with reasons not to do a job than working.

Botty Cough is half right about the fitness, but no amount of gym work or cardio can prepare you for the ‘work muscle’ that you can only build up on the job.

Tree work can be pure graft, but the biggest help is between your ears.

When you look at me climb, I’m obviously working pretty hard.

When you look at a really good climber they almost look lazy, if that makes sense?

No shouting, swearing or grunting, just smooth, methodical minimal effort, then BOOM! the job is done.

Definitely try and get some experience before you commit a load of cash though.

Worth remembering that a lot of companies will pay for tickets but if you leave shortly afterwards you have to pay for them.

Keep asking questions on here, it puts you way above the little gamer pricks who get their mummy to send me an email asking if they can have a job.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, GarethM said:

We all start at the bottom, be it shopping trolleys at the co-op or dragging brash to the chipper.

It's all learning and showing you have something between your ears, 21 is literally half my lifetime ago!.

Young bastard!

1 hour ago, Botty Cough said:

@corey Bailey not the best attitude.

After getting trained you should stay for 2 years. It's polite.

The council don't mind beers and cake onsite either in my experience....😂

Well I don’t fit the normal council category coz I ain’t a lazy babe😭and don’t see council do much anyways but if I enjoy being with the council I’ll stay 

1 hour ago, Mark Bolam said:

Definitely explore every route you can.

I’ve worked with some very decent council lads, and some utterly idle cretins who spent more time coming up with reasons not to do a job than working.

Botty Cough is half right about the fitness, but no amount of gym work or cardio can prepare you for the ‘work muscle’ that you can only build up on the job.

Tree work can be pure graft, but the biggest help is between your ears.

When you look at me climb, I’m obviously working pretty hard.

When you look at a really good climber they almost look lazy, if that makes sense?

No shouting, swearing or grunting, just smooth, methodical minimal effort, then BOOM! the job is done.

Definitely try and get some experience before you commit a load of cash though.

Worth remembering that a lot of companies will pay for tickets but if you leave shortly afterwards you have to pay for them.

Keep asking questions on here, it puts you way above the little gamer pricks who get their mummy to send me an email asking if they can have a job.

I appreciate it mate your all legends tbh😂and really do enjoy doing tree work only done a few trees down me drive but I’ve fell in love with it wish I went down this route after school and Yh it does make sense like it looks like they are putting in no effort but it’s down and if I find a company who pays for my tickets I’ll stay because I know it’s not cheap and they’ve somewhat believed in me so deffo stay with them and Yh I’m trying to get some volunteer work on my days off and I’ll see what company’s say but if not council is the route but appreciate all of ya 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GarethM said:

Yh totally get that mate I ain’t bothered about being a groundsman if I’m getting training because some company’s just use you for cheap labour and dying to get into it tbh 

24 minutes ago, corey Bailey said:

Yh totally get that mate I ain’t bothered about being a groundsman if I’m getting training because some company’s just use you for cheap labour and dying to get into it tbh 

Oooooh 😁

Groundie is a real important and dangerous job.....

First you have to be brash dragging mule......

Then you get to be climber......

THEN ...and only then you get to become groundie.....😏😬

• Like 3