Local surgeons

Tom4125

Ask them, some will.

Do you mean 3.5t, or a 3.5t van load? Don't confuse the two as probably only 1t on the 3.5t van most tree surgeons run.

I'd you're happy and they're happy then it's a good price. I guess 50-100. If it's 200 you are getting a bit close to price of seasoned logs.

• Like 1

If you don't ask you don't find out, just don't expect this to be like a shop, this has to work for them as well as for you and being flexible in your approach will go a LONG way.  If they have a use for the logs then it is of no interest to them but if they can save money or make some money then of course it can happen.

Even years ago when I was first looking for a supply many firms had a use already for the wood and the price of logs is now higher, although the woodsure tax puts pressure on costs for small outfits selling logs plus many people are just keeping the wood from the jobs from what I hear (I'm not a pro, I'm a home user of logs).  As above though you never know if you do not ask, just make sure you ask in the right way...

Might be that you could send a note around the -not so local- tree surgeons who could pick up work in your area, would have to take the waste a distance to their usual tip or come to yours as a lot closer.

I also advocate a lunchtime walk in the area - great if you're working from home - general health and well being (which reminds me... time to go out) - but chainsaws are hard to hide, make a note of the firm doing the work and drop them a text or an e-mail (far better than interrupting someone 10m up a tree with a saw in their hand)

• Like 1